All reviewshideaway cafemotor boatfishfree boatfree breakfastold floridalaid backdock staffhot tubfull kitchenon site restaurantgrassy keykey westocean viewpalm treesprivate beachboats
Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

My husband, son & I visited in early June 2017. Rainbow Bend was recommended by an employee in Key Largo at a place that sells GoPro accessories (sorry I can't remember the name). I was so excited to go out on a boat without a guide! We went to the right of the resort and went to a place to anchor the boat and walked around & found lots of hermit crabs and a beautiful seashell that we have on display at home. All kinds of big lizards live at Rainbow Bend that are harmless & very cool! I didn't want to leave. Breakfast is perfect and dirt cheap. The restaurant has great food. I felt like a family member there.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Adam C
Reviewed 14 September 2017

We stayed at the end of December and were surprised at how cold it gets in the keys! Please check weather before you go (of course no fault goes to rainbow!) As far as the hotel goes,very typical of humid older areas. We travel many islands and places similar and overall it was meh. Not memorable. Just meh. Everything was average. Strange, usually i can talk about good and bad but nothing was great but also not horrible. Sorry not very helpful.

Room Tip: Look at room maps online to find your view.
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

We ❤️ this place and will be back! They keep everything clean and comfortable. We stayed in Room D, 2 bedrooms with 1.5 bath- plenty of towels were provided. Shower was hot. Nice full kitchen. Big table for 4 on the patio and right on the Atlantic Ocean. Phenomenal sunrises ☀️. Swings and chairs everywhere. Pool was under the palm trees and very refreshing. We took the motorboat fishing - included with our stay. We went kayaking seeing Dolphins, birds and fish jumping. The free breakfast was amazing and the restaurant is fine dining in the evenings-the food is so good- best roasted duck ever! Early dinner was only 16.95! We had a great stay!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sherry L
Reviewed 17 August 2017

My husband and I spent our honeymoon at Rainbow Bend Resort 37 years ago. We are returning with our grown, married children for his 60th birthday! (Its a surprise). Our kids have been looking at the videos and website and are so excited about this trip. I booked the entire Octagon house for the 6 of us. This is the same building we stayed in back then. We can't wait to get there and kick back for a relaxing and fun vacation. We have talked about returning to this resort ever since we visited 37 years ago. We are so elated that we will be doing this with our children. Oh, Marcia has been so helpful and kind in the booking process. I can tell already that this is going to be an awesome trip! This resort gets 5 stars in my book!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank nccaw104
Reviewed 11 August 2017

You can grill your food by the large bar-b-q grill big enough to host family and friends and be overlooking the water, and palm trees swaying in the wonderful breeze. Boating for half a day is available free of charge when you stay overnight at the hotel. You just need to pay for the gas. It's an approximately 12 to 13 foot boat. Great to go to sandbars and local restaurants Or to to swim or go fishing.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple