All reviews fishing poles free kayaks key west boat ramp wooden spoon couple of nights sombrero beach old florida laid back nice pool keys picnic kitchenette waterway iguanas gulf marina
Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

We stayed at this "resort" for a couple of nights. The door lock on sliding door in the back was broken. They were using a PVC pipe to lock the back sliding door that goes into the main yard area next to the pool. Not only is this tacky but dangerous for a guest to stay in that room because someone could break into the room easily. The room was disgusting and dirty, had to wear sandals the whole time we stayed in the room because the floor was dirty. This is not a "resort" in any sense, it is named a "resort" to be able to charge an extra resort fee. We will not be staying here ever again. It's dirty and disgusting.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
5  Thank pinkstsr2017
Reviewed 1 July 2017

Check-in was easy and the room was adequate. However, there was no internet connection in the room. Outside the room, internet was fine but none was working in the room.
The toilet seat was loose - so it was not comfortable. When I stripped the bed, we found 1 millipede under the pillow. Later on we found 1 more, this time dead, under the curtain.
At around 8am, a noisy cement truck parked across the room and started depositing cement in what looked like a walkway... so, there was no getting up late.

Room Tip: Some rooms had been renovated but not the one we got as we had a small dog. There was an extra $20.00 for the dog and $5.00 for activities.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank Teresa S
Lisa K, General Manager at Coconut Cay Resort & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2017

Thank you for your stay. I do apologize for any issues you encountered with your stay.

Reviewed 29 June 2017

I had to go to the keys last minute for business. My friend recommended this resort as a reasonably priced place to stay with great updated rooms. I wasn't there for vacation, so just a place to crash and get ready for the next day's meetings. I was scheduled to arrive at 8:30, but a myriad of traffic jams and accidents caused me to be late. I received a phone call from them checking on me. I told them I was delayed and "no problem" they would stay late. For me, that was great customer service. They could have just left keys in a lockbox or something but they went the extra mile to welcome me. Extra thanks to Whitney for her patience. I was more than pleased with my room, which had been updated and very clean. I recommend the Coconut Cay Resort & Marina to anyone planning to visit the Marathon Florida area.

Room Tip: I stayed in Room #6 which was just fine...
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business

Thank you for your stay.

Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

TV didn't work, WiFi VERY weak, no one answered office phone when you need help. No one came to fix TV after making trip to office requesting help. Extremely noisy place. The free bikes and kayaks can only be used at certain times. We weren't allowed to use them. Wouldn't recommend at all.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Snoopgirl49
Reviewed 22 May 2017 via mobile

The staff was wonderful & room in the new building was beautiful HOWEVER TripAdvisor failed miserably with communication with hotel. I did not get the room I paid for nor the location on hotel grounds I booked.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Melissa R
KeysyMarathon, General Manager at Coconut Cay Resort & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2017

I do apologize for this issue. I do thank you though for choosing Coconut Cay for your stay and hope in the future you will stay again and see our new renovations.
Regards.