“cheap eats”

Price range: US$0 - US$15
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Description: Family owned and Operated Seafood/Meat market and Restaurant. We serve the freshest local seafood, burgers, sandwiches, salads and more. Daily Specials; Beer & Wine. Mon.-Fri. 10-8:30; closed Sat. & Sun.
Reviewed 8 August 2018

We stopped here on an afternoon when it was too hot to be outside. There was a man out front eating fried fish and it looked so good I had to have some! My son had a blackened mahi sandwich with potato salad. It satisfied a growing teen. I had the fried snapper and it tasted every bit as good as it looked! They did have the worst black beans and rice that I have ever had, weird because they had loaves of Cuban bread that looked killer! We shared a piece of key lime pie that I really enjoyed. They make these giant cookies that I had to restrain from overindulging, I should have taken one with me. A taste of the Old Keys!

2  Thank eileen b

Reviewed 3 August 2018

We didn't want to spend $30 each and go to one of the two restaurants recommended by our hotel's front desk person, so we found Fish Tales on our own. Small, quaint place, kind of lost in the '80's...but a nice selection of well-prepared food at reasonable prices. Definitely worth the stop!

2  Thank turninghawk1
Reviewed 31 July 2018 via mobile

really good food! but prices were a little high for what you were getting, imo. sat at a crowded table by a buzzing refrigerator in the back corner. payed $95 for family of 4. GREAT SERVICE, really nice people!!!

Reviewed 25 July 2018

Stopped at Fish Tales Market & Eatery for lunch, on our way to the Turtle Hospital.

Small, funny and crowded place. Good decorations.

Our waitress was very friendly and offered great service. As I couldn't choose between two dishes, it was possible to combine both into one dish. Calimari and Coconut Scrimps, so nice! But also the meat was delicious.

A lot of locals seem to have lunch here regularly too.

2  Thank Gittepit
Reviewed 24 July 2018 via mobile

Everything we had was so good!
We had fish tacos, fish burrito, fried snapper, calamari... Key lime pie. Great service too!