“"It's the principle of the thing."”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Marathon
Jolly Roger RV Resort
Reviewed 12 June 2012

First of all, the lady who checked me in was very nice and friendly. BUT it only takes one incident to spoil the whole stay. My son and I spent the whole day fishing and came back to the site we rented about 9PM. We planned on sleeping in our van. When we got to our small site an SUV was illegally parked in front of our concrete slab. I had to back in between the illegally parked vehicle and the huge 5th wheel parked legally on the other side. After squeezing into my paid site I proceeded to look for the phone number of the travel park. Called the local number but was cutoff before I could leave a message. Tried the emergency number and left a message. Sat around waiting for a golf cart to pull up and a camp host would help resolve the problem. No one came. Some emergency number! The next morning I went to the office and they knew about the problem because they had just listened to the emergency message I had left!!! About 12 hours later!!! Told me they couldn't do anything about the situation. No compensation for the wrong done to me? Should not the camp host mediate for me and approach the illegal parker or compensate me at least 40%-50% of the nightly fee? It is the principle of the thing! I was wronged and management didn't care! I was inconvienced!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank MATT11Florida

Reviewed 7 June 2012

Jolly Roger was great! The pool is amazing...so beautiful. The sites are big and comfortable with great views. The best part is the staff. They helped us park and pull out and very few campgrounds offer that service. I am going back because it is reasonable and a great place to just hang out with their views of the bay and the sunset. LOVED IT!

Room Tip: Just go and you will have a great time!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank ana r
Reviewed 31 December 2011

Some Southern Florida sites are so crowded you cannot even open your door. These are nice sized spaces, clean and level. Beautiful views of the Gulf. A work in progress, since they have the hole for a pool, but as yet, no pool. Still, we enjoyed our stay and enjoyed Marathon, FL.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank cjjj43
Reviewed 2 December 2011

this was the first time i haved camped in over 25 years and i picked a great place. the park was clean, staff was very pleasant and helpful, and has great many shade trees. i spent 10 days there with a site on the seawall with wonderful views of the gulf and sunsets every night.i decided after only a couple of days that i would come back in january and stay again so i stored my trailer there at the park. i can't wait to get back ..

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 November 2011

We stayed here for 9 nights and had a wonderful time! We had a site on the seawall and to get up each morning and look out over the gulf and see the beautiful sunsets each night was priceless. You can also snorkel and swim right off the seawall in front of your trailer and fish from the large dock.The staff was very friendly and helpful and the other campers were great. Our 2 dogs had a blast too!
The campground is centrally located in the Keys so you have easy access to anything you want to do. And it's very shaded, unlike most of the campgrounds in the Keys.
The only thing I wish they would add would be a hot tub and pool. I was so worn out each day I would have appreciated a good soak! I would give 5 stars if they had a pool and hot tub.
Well worth the money and we will go back.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Terry K
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marathon
17.7 km away
17.3 km away
Fiesta Key RV Resort & Marina
17.3 km away
Tranquility Bay Beach House Resort

Been to Jolly Roger RV Resort? Share your experiences!