“Good selection”

Ranked #47 of 98 Restaurants in Islamorada
Price range: US$34 - US$34
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Buffet
Description: Whale Harbor is the home of the world famous Seafood Buffet. It was given the honor of being named “One of the best seafood restaurants in the country” by The Food Network. The Seafood Buffet is recognized for having a delectable and diverse 85 item spread ranging from an impressive raw bar that offers crab legs, oysters, mussels, and shrimp, to mouth-watering meat selections like hot, carved beef and fall off the bone ribs. Our extraordinary seafood buffet has been an Islamorada landmark since 1976.
Reviewed 27 September 2018 via mobile

We went here because we are seafood lovers. The snow crab legs were plentiful and well cooked. They have peel and eat shrimp, seafood pasta made to order, really good salads, and lots of other options. You could easily spend 35$ for appetizers, main course, and dessert at another restaurant and not have all the options that this place does. The waitstaff is really nice. They really should give you a soda for free. We spent almost 20$ for sodas for all of us after spending over 200$ for our dinner.

1  Thank Divingchihuahua
WhaleharborGroup, Manager at Whale Harbor Seafood Buffet, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2018

Divingchihuahua, thank your taking the time to give The World Famous Seafood Buffet such a fabulous review! We are really proud of the selection & value of our buffet and of course our wonderful staff!!! Next time you come in you should try the Green lip mussels & raw oysters! Soda is not included, however you can have as many of them as you want! Reach out to me anytime with feedback michelle@whaleharborgroup.com thank you again for your great review!

Reviewed 19 September 2018

Good service, but the food quality wasn't great and truthfully the seafood selection was very limited.

1  Thank Hayleigh R
WhaleharborGroup, Manager at Whale Harbor Seafood Buffet, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2018

Hayleigh, thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback.I am happy to hear the service you received was good, we are striving for excellence in both food & service; this is why we have hired a new Chef to re-work some recipes; I would invite you to come in again next time you are in town. My name is Michelle please ask for me when you come in and I will personally see that your experience is excellent!
If you wouldn't mind I'd like to hear more from you about why you feel the selection is limited, what would you like to see added to the buffet? Please Email me michelle@whaleharborgroup.com so I can review your feedback with the Chef. Currently we have all you can eat Snow crab, raw oysters, mussels, peel and eat shrimp, Yellow tail, white fish in a garlic, onion sauce with herbs and fresh tomatoes, crab grakes, grouper fingers, fried shrimp, Paella, salmon fillets, poached salmon, seafood chowder, conch chowder, seafood crepes stuffed with shrimp, scallops and crab meat, a stir fry station were dishes are cooked to order a fish, chicken, vegetables, a pasta station where dishes are cooked to order; select a pasta and herbs, clams, mussels, chicken, fish, vegetables, BBQ ribs, chicken wings, steak, pizza with toppings option, mashed potatoes, vegetables, octopus salad, a variety of ceviches, shrimp and scallop salad, carb salad, potato salad, soft serve ice cream with topping selections, chocolate mouse, flan, tres leches, key lime pie, rice pudding, cookies, carrot cake, cheese cake, brownies and sliced fruits. for 34.95$ Looking forward to hearing from you! Have a great day!

Reviewed 16 September 2018

My buddy and I wanted to have a weekend to catch up so the Keys is where it took place for us. The Seafood Buffet was well maintained with fresh and tasty food items. The service was great and our server, Gabriel, did a fantastic job. When back in the area, we will surely visit again for another great meal.

81Bartg, thank you for your great review of The World Famous Seafood Buffet. Happy to hear you enjoyed the food, the selection and the service! I am going to let Gabriel know! My name is Michelle next time you are let me know like to say hello and give you a tour of Whale Harbor! Have a great day!

Reviewed 15 September 2018

all u can eat. oysters and ceviche really good. try the tresleches for desert its really good.only drawback was our fat lazy waiter who rather sit down playing with silverware than clear dirty dishes and refill sodas.

424John_W424, So happy to hear you really enjoyed the oysters and ceviche, the tres leches is one of my favorites too!~
Please reach out to me at michelle@whaleharborgroup.com I would like to hear more about your service experience so that I can ensure that the next time you come in you have a great service experience too! Thank you!

Reviewed 6 September 2018

I was very impressed at the selections and quality of this buffet. It was very well priced considering all the options for food. Everything i had was delicious. The server was a sweetheart, a little clueless (didn't clear our plates, refill drinks but the other servers did, while ours rolled silverware.. smh) but when she came around she was very nice. Excellent atmosphere. Highly recommended.

Steve V, thank your for you awesome review of The World Famous Seafood Buffet, happy to hear share our thoughts on the great food being a great value! We will just in general review with the servers how important those items you mentioned are; happy she was a sweetheart and that her team supported her. Next time you are let me know, like to say hello! Have a great day-best Michelle.