“Food good- Horrible Service”

Nikai Sushi Bar & Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Nikai Sushi Bar & Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 95 Restaurants in Islamorada
Cuisines: Sushi
Dining options: Reservations
Description: A taste of the far east comes to the shores of Islamorada at Nikai, located at Cheeca Lodge & Spa. In addition to tantalizing nigiri, sashimi, and specialty rolls, the new Nikai delivers expertly crafted Japanese cuisine through fresh ingredients, locally and internationally sourced fish, spices and vegetables to create a dining experience the melds the art of sushi and Japanese cooking with the flavors of the Florida Keys. Menu highlights include Wahoo, Tataki, Tuna Poke Bowls, Scallop Shooters, creative Ramen dishes and tableside Robata Grill. A creative, Asian-inspired bar program featuring Saki, beers and craft cocktails further elevates this vegetable and seafood-fusion dining experience to new heights.
Reviewed 10 February 2017 via mobile

First time visit since the Chart Room became Nikai Sushi at Cheeca.
My group consisted of 2 locals and one visitor. Even the locals (who are frequent diners here) agreed that the service was disgraceful and they won't be back. One of my party had to actually go inside and order their own wine from the bartender.
We were never asked if we would like coffee or dessert after our meals. (I will add that the sashimi and sushi rolls were good and fresh.)
There were only 3 tables with guest outside and 4 persons at the bar. Other than that, the place was not full at all.
Not going back anytime soon.

3  Thank Sambo2359

Reviewed 8 February 2017

High class, fresh fish, chef was knowledgeable, talented, but a little aloof. Prices were reasonable as well.

Reviewed 29 January 2017

Very fresh. Delicious sushi and beautiful presentation. I recommend. The atmosphere is also very inviting. We had a company meeting and they supplied the appetizers for us. They were very accompanying to what we wanted.

Reviewed 24 January 2017

Affordable dining, incredible sushi, beautiful view of the ocean and pier. Indoor and outdoor seating options.

Reviewed 8 January 2017 via mobile

As a foodie with a seafood allergy I'm so happy to have found this little gem. After hearing I could get sushi that wasn't made with seafood here I told my boyfriend we had to go and am so glad we did. Everyone was super friendly and hospitable. Angela, the bartender, was great the drinks were on point and she never let our glasses get empty...which is always a plus for my book. Then came dinner, my boyfriend got a shrimp tempora roll that looked amazimg along with a salmon roll that looked just as good. He loved them both and even enjoyed a piece of mine aswell. Mine was a special roll made with steak, asparagus and pickled something in a soy roll and was absolutly amazing, the horsey sauce chef emelio put on top really complimented all the flavors and wasn't overpowering like some horsey sauces can be. And the fact that I was actually able to get something at a sushi place that was not only deliciois but 100% free of seafood and seaweed...and not a boring chicken teriyaki roll was a huge plus. We will definetly be back for more amazing dinner drinks and dessert...can't forget about the coconut mango and raspberry ice creams.