Harbor Lights Motel
US$235
US$451
US$359
US$200
Cheeca Lodge & Spa(Islamorada)
US$477
Casa Morada(Islamorada)
US$359
US$336
Caloosa Cove Resort & Marina(Islamorada)(Great Value!)
US$253
La Jolla Resort(Islamorada)(Great Value!)
US$246
Drop Anchor Resort(Islamorada)(Great Value!)
US$203
All reviewsnice poolfull kitchenold floridaoceanfishinghammocks
Reviewed 10 August 2017

I stayed one night here b/c of car trouble

From the room to the pool, everything was ruinous and dirty. I'll be loading pictures. There were TV and electric wires lose between the furniture and the wall. I believe if an inspection is done, the place would be closed. The areas of the motel they show in the pictures on this and other sites do NOT look like that in real life!

The inside of the swimming pool is decolored, stained and the paint is falling in some areas. The boarded areas around the pool are beaten down, and dried

This place remembered me of those you see in movies about WWII

Room Tip: Avoid this motel, rent somewhere else
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Melvin W, General Manager at Harbor Lights Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2017

Dear L D,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your stay with us. I am sorry to hear that your visit with us did not come close to meeting any of your expectations. But if you are willing to give us another try in the near future I can guarantee we will exceed them next time. We are currently under new management and will be undergoing a renovation in the near future.

Please feel free to reach out to me next time you are in the area. I hope you had a safe trip back home.

Reviewed 28 July 2017

Great rate for an old property. I had a cottage 100 feet from the ocean with a small porch. The room was clean and in fact the tile in the entire bathroom had been recently replaced. No feather topped beds here, just a bit firm but comfortable.
A simple place if you are looking for price and convenience.

Room Tip: They have a 3 story motel building and 3 cottages. The cottages face the ocean 100 feet away.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo

Jacksonbrowne13,

Thank you for your kind feedback. We are happy to hear that you were able to relax and enjoy the great things our property has to offer. I hope you will continue to let us be your home away from home when you are in the area.

Also keep your eyes open for our new look. We will be undergoing a renovation in the near future.

Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

The hotel fit the bill for what we needed. We knew what to expect when we saw the price. It sits right on the water so the view is amazing. It is older and needs some remodeling, but it is clean, and has cold AC, and a hot shower. They sell ice on the premises which was convenient. There is a boat launch, charcoal grill, and a saltwater pool. There is a restaurant down the access road, so no need to even get on the main road if you don't want. The staff was very friendly. We would stay there again. If you want nice and new this is not for you. If you need a place to sleep, shower and go out and enjoy the islands, book your room now. Bye the way, the rooms on the end are a little more but they face the Atlantic.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Melvin W, General Manager at Harbor Lights Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2017

LoriM523,

Thank you for your kind words. I will be sure to pass along your feedback to our staff. Along with having great staff members that provide exceptional service. We believe in having a product that completes the memorable experience.

So, we will be updating our look by undergoing renovation over the next couple of months. I want to personally invite you to come see our new product.

Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for four days in July 2017. I grew up a Florida girl so I loved this place! Nice old flat roof cottage. The staff was SO nice...the outside cleaning lady was really funny and the young girl at the front desk was really knowledgeable about the area. We had an issue with our room a/c unit but it was fixed right away. You can't beat the view either! The grounds are really nice with a big picnic area and lounge chairs on a cute man made beach. If you rent a cottage, you park right at your front door! The kitchen has dishes and pots and pans. So convenient! Lots of iguanas running around too which is really cool! It's a really relaxing family atmosphere. We had so much fun. If you are looking for a posh 4 star hotel this is definitely not it.....but if you are looking for the whole old Florida Keys adventure you definitely found it! I would stay there again for sure!! Thank you Harbor Lights for making our trip so fun and bringing me back to my childhood!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Ms. Pampovlin,

Thank you for staying with us and for your kind words about the staff. Providing experiences like you had is our goal. We will be making some improvements to our facilities. But we do plan on keeping our Florida Keys charm.

We look forward to continuing to create memorable experience for you to reflect on.

Reviewed 2 July 2017

Old style furniture, small room with two queen beds jammed into a room that should have one bed. A hook on the wall is a place to hang clothes. The wall type old-style air conditioner groaned continuously and never seemed to get the room cold enough to cycle off. The room was dark and dingy, with two desk lamps. No clock.
The bathroom was so small that you had to go out to change your mind ... for example, there was no room to install a toilet paper holder ... they keep the toilet paper roll on the sink.
The TV was one of the old-type tube sets with about a 15-inch screen .. and the remote didn't work.
The pool was OK, although you had to walk up some steps to get there.
Speaking of walking up ... the building is three stories and no elevator.
The previous occupant left a half gallon of sour milk in a small cupboard. That says something about the cleaning crew.
The only positive is that it seems to be the only hotel in the area that we could find that takes pets ... for a one-time fee of $25.00.

Room Tip: If you want a good room, go somewhere else!
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple

Mr. Jack,

I wanted to take the time to follow up with about your most recent stay here at Harbor Light Islamorada. And apologize about the inconvenience that you experienced during your stay. I would like to also thank you for providing us with this feedback so that we can continue to improve.

My team is working to address all the issues you experienced during our renovation. We have also made some management changes to enhance the service that we provide to our guest.

We hope that you we consider giving us another chance. Please feel free to reach out to me directly and I will be sure to take great care of you.