Harbor Lights Motel
Amara Cay Resort(Islamorada)
US$386
US$348
US$359
Cheeca Lodge & Spa(Islamorada)
US$477
US$235
Casa Morada(Islamorada)
US$336
US$255
US$160
Caloosa Cove Resort & Marina(Islamorada)(Great Value!)
US$253
La Jolla Resort(Islamorada)(Great Value!)
US$197
Drop Anchor Resort(Islamorada)(Great Value!)
US$203
All reviewsnice poolfull kitchenold floridaoceanfishinghammocks
Reviewed 25 January 2012

My cousin and I vacation together every few years to visit family in Florida. This year, we decided to drive from Vero Beach down through The Keys since neither of us had been there. We did not have hotel reservations and stopped at several places looking for a room. Most were more than we really wanted to pay. Lucky for us, a CSR at another hotel recommended Harbor Lights. Becky checked us in and was very friendly and helpful, suggesting a place for us to have dinner. The room was very clean and the view, even though we were on the ground level, was absolutely fabulous. We only stayed one night and Todd was there when we checked out. He was very friendly too. We definitely want to come back. We've already told our daughters to start saving for next year's vacation and we plan to have a room for all four of us at Harbor Lights.

Room Tip: The view from our room was great, but I'll bet it's even better on the higher levels
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
HarborLightsMotel, General Manager at Harbor Lights Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2012

Thank you so much Donna!

We loved having you, and hope you get the chance to return soon!

We agree that the view is gorgeous!

Thank you again for your patronage!

Todd & Becky Chandler

Reviewed 22 January 2012

We booked two nights at Harbor Lights because the motel is pet friendly and reasonably priced for the area. We were pleasantly surprised; our accommodations were super clean, with a comfortable king-size bed and plenty of hot water for showers. It is obvious the managers do their very best to keep the property clean and attractive. I highly recommend the beach area for the water views and varied bird life. Altogether a very pleasant stay!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for the review! We are so glad you found us! We really appreciate the positive comments! We look forward to seeing you again too!

Todd & Becky Chandler

Reviewed 11 January 2012

I was in Islamorada for two nights. I went to this hell hole out of all the places to stay in the keys. I checked in, they took my 100.00 and gave me a room key. I went to visit my brother in Tavernier and could not find the motel on my way back. So I asked my girlfriend in New Jersey to call them and ask the manager to call me to help me get back. They told her NO. When I finally found the dump I was a bit upset because of their lack of compassion. I asked for my money back and they refused. The husband or boyfriend got cocky until he realized I was not one to mess with. I did however leave peacefully without my 100.00. The inn keepers are the rudest, nastiest people I have ever met and I live in Jersey, they call us rude? I think not. DO NOT STAY HERE. Your better off in a tent on the beach.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank geoden5458
HarborLightsMotel, Manager at Harbor Lights Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2012

Well, the bad thing about the Internet is that anyone can post anything, even if it is very far from the truth.

Here is the real story:

This man checked into our hotel in the evening, went up to his room for a couple of hours and then eventually went out. Later that evening, a female called the hotel claiming she was his wife, and kept asking for this man's room number. For the protection and privacy of our guests, we explained that we do not give out room numbers, especially to people over the phone. We were confused when reading his above statement why the gentleman did not just call us himself? We were never asked to call this gentleman, and never did she mention that he was lost or did not know his own room number (which is on the key envelope he was given at check in).

Much later, In the wee hours of the morning we hear a crashes and commotion, and found this man smashing himself against the front door of the hotel (we were closed and locked for the night). He was yelling, cussing and irate when my wife went to open the door. We can only assume he was intoxicated, because he kept asking where his room was and was using a considerable amount of profantity and screaming. By the way, the room number was printed on the key card he was clutching in his hand the whole time! Also, there are large room numbers located on every guest room door! The building is laid out numerically, with all the numbers ascending and in plain sight.

This man was out of control and kept screaming and would not calm down even after we told him again where his room was located. We tried repeatedly to calm him down, but he would not. He kept speaking incoherently and cussing. We explained that if he did not calm down we would be forced to call the Sheriff, but that did not even phase him. He threatened myself and my wife several times more and we were eventually forced to call the Sheriff department. Hearing me on the phone with them, this man got in his car and fled rapidly down the road. By the way, there is a warrant out for him now at the hotel.

This is exactly what happened. We take the safety and security of our guests very seriously, and hope that people read his review

Reviewed 8 January 2012

We have stayed at Harbor Lights twice and will be returning this spring. We stayed in spring of 2010 and fall of 2011. It is an older motel, but the rooms are spotless clean. The management is friendly and go out of their way to make sure guests are comfortable. They are excellent sources of information on local attractions.

We are going back. That is about as positive a recommendation as I can give!

Room Tip: We have had an upstairs unit both times we were there. The view from these units is great. These rooms have a kitchen so it is possible to cook and eat in the unit.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
HarborLightsMotel, General Manager at Harbor Lights Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2012

Thank you so much for the great review! We are so very happy that you had a great time, and are even happier that you are now a "regular" here!

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Todd & Becky

Reviewed 21 November 2011

Stayed here for one night (supposed to be two) on our way down the Keys. We had booked it on-line, as with all our hotels/motels. For $100 per night, we couldn't believe the poor condition of the room. It had peeling paint on the walls and ceiling, broken bathroom door handle, very old bed, the water pressure in the shower was non-existant, noisy air conditioning, just all around bad. Very old furniture. It's unfortunate because the room was large with a balcony and kitchenette, and was as clean as possible, I'm sure. For $50 or even $60 a night it would have been OK but not for $103. There are better deals out there, I'm sure.

Room Tip: Don't take room 34! maybe the other rooms are better. The staff were nice. The Island Grill restaurant down the road is very good!
Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jasperitesontour
HarborLightsMotel, General Manager at Harbor Lights Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2011

We are so sorry that you did not enjoy your stay! We are also very sorry that we did not have the opportunity to make things right while you were here with us. Please know that both the AC and the bedding in that room are relatively new. The door handle to the bathroom was loose, and was fixed seconds after you reported it! We can only respond quickly and efficiently when given a chance!

We can tell by your comments that you are not a frequent traveller to the Florida Keys. We will share that no matter what hotel you choose down here, on busy weeks and during some times of day there is lower water pressure. This has nothing to do with individual properties, just a fact of life down here! Also, the vast majority of Keys properties do have the window unit AC's, and they do make a hum! We offered a clean, comfortable, oceanfront kicthenette room with a private balcony and amazing waterfront views of both the Atlantic and Florida Bay for around $89 per night (during the dates you stayed). We challenge anyone to find a better value in Islamorada!

Again, we are so very sorry that you were disappointed. We try so very hard for 100% customer satisfaction, and know that given the chance we can show you how we shine!

Todd & Becky