“Very clean! Wonderfully homey & great location”

Harbor Lights Motel
Ranked #19 of 19 Hotels in Islamorada
Reviewed 25 January 2012

We stayed in the cottages. So clean! Very modest, no doubt. But nice bedding, all kitchen items needed were already there. Cold A/C. Housekeeping. Centrally located to shops; other Keys and restaurants. Beautiful view! Island breezes!

Room Tip: The cottages are perfect for families because the rooms adjoin.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
HarborLightsMotel, General Manager at Harbor Lights Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2012

Thank you so much for the great review! We do appreciate your comments, and look forward to being your destination hotel here in Islamorada!

Come see us soon!

Todd & Becky

Reviewed 25 January 2012

My cousin and I vacation together every few years to visit family in Florida. This year, we decided to drive from Vero Beach down through The Keys since neither of us had been there. We did not have hotel reservations and stopped at several places looking for a room. Most were more than we really wanted to pay. Lucky for us, a CSR at another hotel recommended Harbor Lights. Becky checked us in and was very friendly and helpful, suggesting a place for us to have dinner. The room was very clean and the view, even though we were on the ground level, was absolutely fabulous. We only stayed one night and Todd was there when we checked out. He was very friendly too. We definitely want to come back. We've already told our daughters to start saving for next year's vacation and we plan to have a room for all four of us at Harbor Lights.

Room Tip: The view from our room was great, but I'll bet it's even better on the higher levels
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends

Thank you so much Donna!

We loved having you, and hope you get the chance to return soon!

We agree that the view is gorgeous!

Thank you again for your patronage!

Todd & Becky Chandler

Reviewed 22 January 2012

We booked two nights at Harbor Lights because the motel is pet friendly and reasonably priced for the area. We were pleasantly surprised; our accommodations were super clean, with a comfortable king-size bed and plenty of hot water for showers. It is obvious the managers do their very best to keep the property clean and attractive. I highly recommend the beach area for the water views and varied bird life. Altogether a very pleasant stay!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for the review! We are so glad you found us! We really appreciate the positive comments! We look forward to seeing you again too!

Todd & Becky Chandler

Reviewed 11 January 2012

I was in Islamorada for two nights. I went to this hell hole out of all the places to stay in the keys. I checked in, they took my 100.00 and gave me a room key. I went to visit my brother in Tavernier and could not find the motel on my way back. So I asked my girlfriend in New Jersey to call them and ask the manager to call me to help me get back. They told her NO. When I finally found the dump I was a bit upset because of their lack of compassion. I asked for my money back and they refused. The husband or boyfriend got cocky until he realized I was not one to mess with. I did however leave peacefully without my 100.00. The inn keepers are the rudest, nastiest people I have ever met and I live in Jersey, they call us rude? I think not. DO NOT STAY HERE. Your better off in a tent on the beach.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank geoden5458
HarborLightsMotel, Manager at Harbor Lights Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2012

Well, the bad thing about the Internet is that anyone can post anything, even if it is very far from the truth.

Here is the real story:

This man checked into our hotel in the evening, went up to his room for a couple of hours and then eventually went out. Later that evening, a female called the hotel claiming she was his wife, and kept asking for this man's room number. For the protection and privacy of our guests, we explained that we do not give out room numbers, especially to people over the phone. We were confused when reading his above statement why the gentleman did not just call us himself? We were never asked to call this gentleman, and never did she mention that he was lost or did not know his own room number (which is on the key envelope he was given at check in).

Much later, In the wee hours of the morning we hear a crashes and commotion, and found this man smashing himself against the front door of the hotel (we were closed and locked for the night). He was yelling, cussing and irate when my wife went to open the door. We can only assume he was intoxicated, because he kept asking where his room was and was using a considerable amount of profantity and screaming. By the way, the room number was printed on the key card he was clutching in his hand the whole time! Also, there are large room numbers located on every guest room door! The building is laid out numerically, with all the numbers ascending and in plain sight.

This man was out of control and kept screaming and would not calm down even after we told him again where his room was located. We tried repeatedly to calm him down, but he would not. He kept speaking incoherently and cussing. We explained that if he did not calm down we would be forced to call the Sheriff, but that did not even phase him. He threatened myself and my wife several times more and we were eventually forced to call the Sheriff department. Hearing me on the phone with them, this man got in his car and fled rapidly down the road. By the way, there is a warrant out for him now at the hotel.

This is exactly what happened. We take the safety and security of our guests very seriously, and hope that people read his review

Reviewed 8 January 2012

We have stayed at Harbor Lights twice and will be returning this spring. We stayed in spring of 2010 and fall of 2011. It is an older motel, but the rooms are spotless clean. The management is friendly and go out of their way to make sure guests are comfortable. They are excellent sources of information on local attractions.

We are going back. That is about as positive a recommendation as I can give!

Room Tip: We have had an upstairs unit both times we were there. The view from these units is great. These r...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
HarborLightsMotel, General Manager at Harbor Lights Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2012

Thank you so much for the great review! We are so very happy that you had a great time, and are even happier that you are now a "regular" here!

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Todd & Becky