1,545 results
All reviewshampton innoutback steakhousekey westpool areafree shuttlesea walllazy days restaurantbedroom suiteshuttle serviceman made beachlounge chairspalm treeshot tubdive shopplenty of chairsview of the oceannice beach
Reviewed 17 May 2017

My wife and I just spent a beautiful weekend at Amara Cay Resort. there are not enough adjectives to summarize this property, its amenities and its people.

from the check in, to the luggage being delivered by Pierre who was amazing. to the best bloody marys I have had in a very long time made by Bartender Eddie to the poolside attender Mitch and restaurant server Barbara.

the attention to detail from the General Manager DJ McCarthy and also from Lourdes Torbisco, Regional Manager and Leisure Sales Manager, it was all exceptional. we were celebrating my wife's birthday and we were left in awe when walking into our ocean front suite! the amenities for her and us were amazing.

all in all, frankly why would you stay in a 1000 plus room resort where you are just a number when in the Keys, do as the Islanders. Stay at a resort with the Keys Feel both in décor, service and cuisine. Nothing could be better than Amara Cay Resort in Islamorada.

Room Tip: 5th floor....ocean front suite! no doubt.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cary l
Sam A, General Manager at Amara Cay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2017

Cary l,
We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay at Amara Cay Resort. We will be sure to recognize each of the team members mentioned in your review for their outstanding service!
We hope to see you again soon!

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 16 May 2017

This hotel is beautiful - the service impeccable and the views outstanding. Sitting on the beach at night with all of the tiki torches and a drink in my hand was a great experience! The rooms were well-appointed and the restaurant and bar well stocked. The food was excellent!

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Deb L

Deb L,
Thanks for sharing such a great review! It sounds like you had a wonderful time while staying with us! We hope you will visit us again good!

Best,

Reviewed 16 May 2017 via mobile

We booked this hotel for a short spring break vacation. It was expensive and not worth. The term resort is a misnomer. There was a place to eat breakfast and several bars. The restaurant served nothing that anyone in our group wanted to eat. The pool was nice. The "beach" was awful. We were so disappointed we ended up leaving a day early.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family

Dear Familyof6NC,
Thank you for sharing your review. Our goal is for our guests to leave with a sense of complete relaxation and a good value for what they paid. You can be assured we have reviewed your comments are will make changes to improve our resort. We hope you will give us another opportunity to show you our imprveoemnts.

Sunny Regards,

Reviewed 16 May 2017

We had a very nice and relaxing time at Amara Cay. The hotel room was clean, comfortable, and cozy. The outdoors and the pool area are really nice and well kept. Laying on the hammock in the mornings is a must! The first night we were assigned a room with no view, and when we requested a room change the next morning, Bridget was really helpful and gave us a room with a beautiful view. Thank you! The hotel is also centrally located, and if you have a car, you to explore all of the Keys. I will recommend it!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for sharing such a wonderful review! We are thrilled you enjoyed your time at Amara Cay Resort. We hope to see you again soon.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 15 May 2017 via mobile

Just spent the weekend at Amara. First the good things. The lobby, bar and restaurant area are modern, clean and spacious. Check-in was a breeze and the staff was friendly and welcoming. We had breakfast both days in the restaurant and the food was absolutely delicious and filling. Eggs benedict and organic grits were amazing as was the omelette. The room was clean and spacious as well. I generally do not like a first floor room and seriously regretted it the second night when the upstairs neighbor was dragging furniture across the floor repeatedly and then resumed again Sunday morning. Bathroom is a tight fit as the toilet is jammed against the shower glass. Bed was extremely comfortable.

Now for the not so good stuff. Throughout the property, there is an obvious shortage of staff. Check in desk is small but could have used a third person. The pool bar is a joke as is the pool area in terms of ordering food and drinks. We sat down at the bar to order lunch. At that moment the bar was almost empty. The bartender never acknowledged us. A lady walked up, he immediately took care of her, then a man walked up and he took care of him, so I made the comment rather loudly that 2 people were taken care of and there we sat, still without being helped. He glared at me and moved on to the next person. Never one single time did he acknowledge us. Finally a lady took our order. The food was delicious. Fish tacos. The restaurant, while having good food, is severely understaffed. Two waitresses for the area is far to little. They were running over themselves. One kept saying I am so sorry but we are busy. The restaurant was full, but not jammed and slammed. If they cant handle all the tables being full, then they are understaffed. Took over 30 min. to get an order of eggs benedict. Delicious, but should have been out much sooner. Gym is OK except for the towels. They were like sand paper. $28 per day resort fee?? for what?? I did not get anything above and beyond that warranted $28 per day. To justify a fee like that, MANY upgrades would have to take place.

Overall, the place is nice and in a beautiful setting. The room, breakfast, lunch and a couple of drinks brought the bill to $500 a day. For that kind of money, I expect service with a smile and a poolside waiter bugging me to buy a drink. I expect a restaurant with exemplary service. Even in today's world, $500 a day is a lot for a hotel. EVERYTHING should be on point and above reproach. While I enjoyed this stay in many ways, next time I will probably try another hotel. Food quality, room decor, cleanliness and location are the only reason I gave this place a 4 star rating.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple