“Just Okay”

Green Turtle Inn
Ranked #14 of 95 Restaurants in Islamorada
Price range: US$15 - US$32
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary, Wine Bar
Good for: Business meetings, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

Stopped in to this landmark for dinner. The food was okay. Nothing amazing for the price we paid. Our server ignored us most of the night. We probably won’t be back with all the other choices on the Overseas Highway.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,540)

Reviewed 19 January 2018

I remember going here as early as the 80's, and I liked it better. The whole place had a relaxed, "conchy" decor, while still keeping the feel of a nice restaurant. It's still relaxed, but only the back room retains the decor I liked. The updates out front are nice, but I'm one of those who i saddened anytime a bit of the old Keys is updated or, worse, razed to make way for something more upscale.
Having said all that, the service is as fast, attentive and friendly as ever. The menu has a creative flair, and you have to look for things that aren't pricey, but my wife's Special steak was half price, and a discount paid for 90% of my meal. The food is very good, and don't worry, the turtle chowder does not contain meat from endangered sea turtles.
This is an iconic, historic landmark that is worth a stop.

1  Thank HowlnBubba
Reviewed 16 January 2018

This place was recommended to us as a cook your catch restaurant. In the Cook your Catch regard we had ours done half blackened and the other half fried and it was very good! We also ordered off of the Dinner menu and all four of my party were disappointed in their meal.

As we were staying across the street we also had breakfast here and it was good, so this place was a little inconsistent . Staff was very nice.

Reviewed 4 January 2018 via mobile

Nice clean dining area with a/c, suitable to meet with friends or family. People seems to like the bar. The staff was friendly and attentive. The food was okay although my husband said the New England Clam Chowder soup was the best. We were disappointed with their limited lunch menu (we wanted more seafood options). The restaurant offers breakfast until 2:00 which was great for my son.

Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

Visit with kids (6 and 7) and its was truly amazing atmosphere and delicious food! Easy parking but reservations can be a good idea if you’re in a hurry. Otherwise they will help you with a smile