“Something wrong here.....”
Review of Ziggie & Mad Dog's

Ziggie & Mad Dog's
Ranked #10 of 93 Restaurants in Islamorada
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 23 July 2017

We did make a reservation, we did wait 30 mins for the table. Food good, period. Not great but good. I had the steak and it was maybe B to B+ quality. Nothing to write home about. But something is wrong with all these fabulous ratings, It is not a fabulous place by any means. I think most are bogus. Its a average place, overpriced but the food is good. For the Keys I would say it's above average as most places are truly dumps. I will return but I cant say it one of my top 100 places to eat but for the Keys is good. Average at best.
PS
If your looking for a heavy poor this is not the place.

There are newer reviews for Ziggie & Mad Dog's

Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

Don't regret visiting this Keys historical classic. Just don't plan to go for their seafood. It's really a steak place. The ice cream and sorbet is made by a little old lady and is amazing. A must order for dessert.

Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

Loved it while we were vacationing in key largo. Great wine and great service! Love the history of the place!

Reviewed 17 July 2017

Tasty food
Wine a bit overpriced
Excellent service
I recommend the lobster mac and cheese
Family recommended the pork chops and steaks

Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

Lobster mac & cheese was phenomenal. Pretty good lobster bisque but I've had much better. Very reasonable prices for the keys and excellent food and atmosphere