“Excellent food and a great venue”
Review of Ziggie & Mad Dog's

Ziggie & Mad Dog's
Ranked #10 of 93 Restaurants in Islamorada
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 15 July 2017

This place has a great ambience. The menus is large and varied. Food is beautifully prepared and presented.
Try the lobster mac and cheese if you've got a good appetite!
Can't wait to go back here.
Reservations probably necessary. I did via email and the staff were very efficient and helpful dealing with it.

There are newer reviews for Ziggie & Mad Dog's

Reviewed 8 July 2017

One of the best steakhouses anywhere. The bone in ribeye is delicious. Several good sides, the mac and cheeses is outstanding. Several good appetizers and salads to chooses from. Very nice wine list. Service is professional but laid back consistent with the atmosphere and the location.

Reviewed 6 July 2017

The Shrimp Islamorada appetizer was delicious! The bone in rib eye was cooked to perfection. I highly recommend for all steak lovers!

Reviewed 2 July 2017

Reservations are recommended but we stopped early one evening in hopes we could be seated. We were fortunate and got a table immediately. Nice wine list and we started with that. Menu is not large, but had good selection of steaks, chops and mains. I had the rib eye and it was probably one of the best steaks I have had. Juicy, tender and properly cooked to temperature with the addition of the herbed butter topping. My husband selected the beef stroganoff and was disappointed. It was a large portion, but the noodles were overcooked and the sauce was lacking in flavor. Even though I ordered my wine upon sitting, it was a long time before I received it. Service was slow throughout the meal. Everything is served a la carte so it is not an inexpensive meal.

Reviewed 30 June 2017 via mobile

Ate there twice during our seven night vacation. Food and service are always consistent. Top notch. Highly recommend!

1  Thank Laura B