“Amazing meal”

Price range: US$12 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Greek, Pizza, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Temporarily closed. Possible relocation. We are truly sorry and hope to see you in the future. Thank you all for your support.
Reviewed 14 March 2018

My husband and I had decided we wanted to try this place and made reservations way in advance because we had heard they get booked easily. Now I know why...it is such a small (but cozy) place. Our server Amy was excellent and on top of things. My husband and I shared the hogfish dinner which came with 2 sides. We ordered the garlic mashed & brussel sprouts. They even brought it out on 2 plates already split. Everything was out of this world. I ordered the warm chocolate lava cake which came with pistachio gelato. Delicious!!!! I'm so glad we finally tried this place!!!

Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

Hogfish with Jamaican Jerk Mango Sauce. Sweet Potato Tots. How can it get any better? We were introduced to hogfish. It was delightful, and the preparation was superb. The homemade key lime pie, with a mango twist, finished off a meal suggesting that another visit to Off the Hook will be forthcoming. Thanks to Amy for friendly, helpful and interesting service.

Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

We had this on our list of “musts” for this visit and were happy to score reservations. Amy, our server was great and offered many suggestions for their craft brews and menu items. We settled on the burger (cooked to a perfect medium rare), the hogfish entree (served over mashers), several appetizers (fried green tomatoes, fish dip and spanakopita) and two entree salads. We finished our superb meal with the chocolate lava cake. Highly suggest you get to Duece’s Off the Hook Grill but make reservations. It’s super cute but super small. A perfect Key West restaurant.

Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

Smoked shrimp dip special- served on crostini? Try barely toasted. No contrast between the dip and bread.

Hogfish - bland - barely warm and obviously not cooked to order - awful- both my wife and I sent it back- inedible.

Dessert- warm lava cake- generic - bland- no rich chocolate taste

If not for my beautiful date and a nice bottle of Cabernet - the night would be a total loss.

I’ve been here many times before and something has changed- and not for the better.

Sad .

4  Thank 14tidewater
OTHGrill, Owner at Deuce's Off the Hook Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2018

You were miserable from the start because we did not turn on sports for you. EVERYTHING IS COOKED TO ORDER. NOTHING HAS CHANGED BUT MAYBE THE PATRONS You failed to mention we comped your whole meal for you. Funny your wife said the food was great. Maybe you are not used to fresh fish just caught that day. Frozen may be more your style.

Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

This is a very busy place, so reservations are a must. It is small inside with 8 tables for 2 and seating at the bar. The kitchen closes at 9 sharp, don’t be late if you have a 9pm reservation.

Never having eaten Hogfish we decided to give it a try. We had a choice of having it prepared 3 different ways, & selected the citrus. So light & flaky, absolutely delicious. My husband also had the tiramisu which he said was also delicious. We would definitely go back.

2  Thank DanMarCo