“Great reasonable place to stay.”
Review of The Duval Inn

The Duval Inn
Ranked #53 of 77 Key West B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 February 2012

I opted for one of the shared bathroom rooms(Seahorse) and I rarely had to wait for the bathroom. The bedding is wonderful soft sheets and oversized pillows. The location is ideal you can walk to everything. Happy hour was great, a nice time to socialize with the other guests and staff. It rained all day one day and the pool tuned green. They had it treated in the morningand was ready for use in the afternoon. Breakfast is basic but the bagels are oh so fresh and its so nice to not have to think about where to eat for one meal every day. Staff is wonderful. Kathy, Kevin "Capt Fog" and everyone are friendly and helpful. I will go back again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo

Reviewed 17 January 2012

16. Our stay at Duval Inn was the absolute best! I searched all over the travel sites to book a hotel and chose The Duval Inn because of their Happy Hour. That is probably not the best reason to choose a Bed and Breakfast, but we did. It proved to be the best choice we made! We were greeted by Fritz (sp) who was kind and genuine. He showed us to our room and made sure that we did not have any questions. Our room was great. No mold smell, no stiff sheets, and the shower was clean. We were nervous since our room faced a street that we would hear all kind of riff raff; however we didn’t. We stayed in the Mango room. It has since been repainted; the website does not reflect that. It looks better than what the picture shows. The Duval Inn is located right in the middle of all the action. We walked to the beach and walked to the other end with no problem. We had our fair share of drinks at Sloppy Joes and walked right back to our room. The happy hour is legit. It started on time and ended on time. When our cup was empty it was quickly filled up. We made buds with the other guest at the inn. Kevin the bartender is great and has lived a life or two, just ask him about it. This was my first time to Key West. I am happy I no longer have to search for a hotel as the Duval Inn will be my only stop. If I had to drudge up one complaint about the place, it would be the breakfast. It was only yogurt and bread with boiled eggs. Like I said if I had to dig up something to say. Stay here! Don’t shop around, and don’t try to save money. You will be pleased with the Duval Inn. I read all reviews so just as a side note I am 30 my boyfriend 36, we were on a romantic vacation. All the reviews you read about the roosters are true, but you’re going to hear roosters at all the hotels, THEY’RE ANIMALS. We did not get in the pool as it was cold outside, however it too was clean. If you don’t get my vibe by now, I sort of like this place lol.

Room Tip: This hotel is directly in the middle of the action.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LaKesha T
Reviewed 15 January 2012

Stayed there for one night and it was clean and smelled fresh. Duval inn has a good location next to the popular duval street. I would defenitly stay there again!

Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 January 2012

Our week here was special! What a great place to stay and enjoy all that Key West has to offer. Lucy, Fritz, Captain Kevin and all the staff made our stay memorable and easy. Fun and relaxing all at the same time! We will be back!

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed 10 January 2012

We stayed over New Years and it was so relaxing and fun. Especially enjoyed the inns tropical gardens and Tiki Bar for happy hour. The rooms were beautifully decorated and exceptionally clean. The staff was very helpfull and friendly. The location was perfect, close to all the action and within walking distance of all the shoppining and restaurants on Duval street.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends