“Awesome shrimp and grits on the deck!”
Review of Firefly Key West

Firefly Key West
Ranked #96 of 468 Restaurants in Key West
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Chapman Lane
Reviewed 13 November 2016 via mobile

Off the beaten path on Petronia Street. We sat upstairs on the deck with a cool breeze while eating an awesome southern style breakfast! Shrimp and grits, chicken and waffles, biscuits and gravy, pineapple mimosas and Bloody Mary's! What better way to spend a Sunday morning?

Write a ReviewReviews (1,032)

Reviewed 9 November 2016 via mobile

So many great places to eat in Key West - this one - not so sure.

It was a quiet night 8/11/16 as election results came in.. but our prissy little host was on top form being quite acerbic, less than genial and when I complained about the underdone chicken ( red middle) I received a lecture on how hard it was not to cook it dry / and the poultry leg blood vein. On being offered a free dessert - he asked if we enjoyed that"'as he'd bought it for us'!

Go to Blue Heaven.
Go to Bliss.
Go to Sarabeths.
Little fellow owner/ chef who ever you are in the red sneakers ...go to charm school...

Reviewed 9 November 2016 via mobile

Blown away by this top notch restaurant. Ambiance was so quiet and romantic. Low lights, terrace seating, comfortable seating. In a residential neighborhood but don't let that turn you off. It's a don't miss in Key West
Best dish, Pork Rinds. So super crispy and slightly salty. Watch out for the sauce its super hot. The portion is a nice size, we enjoyed it through out our entire meal. They go great with everything.
2nd Favorite, Beef Satay. It was a special so I don't think you can always get it. But if you can it's a delight to the taste buds. The cut is tri tip, really tender, its a little on the Asian flavor profile. Sweet and salty with a touch of peanut flavor.
3rd Mac and Cheese, al dente, nice crust but lacked the super cheesy flavor I was looking for

Reviewed 9 November 2016

We came here for breakfast after reading all the reviews. It was just my husband and I in the restaurant so we got undivided attention. The service was excellent, but the food was just ok. We ordered the mac and cheese in a skillet and it came out luke warm. I ordered the chicken and waffles and it was a piece of chicken breast, battered sitting on top of a soaked waffle. The cook dump way too much syrup on my food. I would have liked it to have been on the side. Not sure we would go back there for breakfast.

Reviewed 4 November 2016 via mobile

My wife and I were on our way to Satiago's Bodega and finding out they had quite a long wait we dropped in at Firefly and were thought impressed! We had the deviled eggs and pimento cheese as starters and shared the meatloaf and Brussels sprouts as a meal. Everything was great and the atmosphere was super chill and very laid back. We both highly recommend a visit!