“Early dinner with friends”
Review of Seven Fish

Seven Fish
Reserve with OpenTable
Seven Fish is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #38 of 471 Restaurants in Key West
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: A fish-style bistro.
Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

Wanted to try a restaurant off of Duval and this one was recommended by locals. Fish and seafood are fresh. Restaurant is very modern and upscale but not pretentious. Service was very good. We had spicy tuna rolls and shrimp mango salsa for appetizers that we shared. The salsa was great, very fresh. We all had the roasted red pepper and goat cheese salads - very fresh greens and nicely dressed. I had the simple Mahi Mahi, which was just grilled, with roasted potatoes and vegetables. The fish was excellent- very fresh, cooked nicely. The roasted potatoes appeared to be left over and warmed up- dry and detracted from the dish. The veggies were steamed broccoli and carrots - could have used a little seasoning. Two in our party ordered the banana chicken - chicken breast with bananas and candied walnuts. Served with rice. Server warned it was sweet and it was - chicken was moist. Enjoyed a cocktail and bottle of wine. Not an extensive wine list but a good assortment. Enjoyed our dinner and the service. Full bar, serves dinner only. We came by Uber, there’s some on street parking.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,049)

Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

We knew we wanted seafood for dinner but didn’t know where. This establishment is rated #22 and to be honest I’m surprised it’s not in the top 10!!! We noticed this restaurant yesterday in the evening while walking by it. It was closed when we walked by it but the interesting architecture of the building caught our eye. My boyfriend and I decided to look at trip advisor reviews. We decided to wait till they opened to look at the menu and at the very least have an appetizer and drink. When they opened we were greeted by the hostess. She gave us the menus. We liked the ambiance and the food selection on the menu so we decided to sit at the bar and have a drink and appetizers. We were warmly greeted by the bartender John . He made me thee most amazing mojitos! The best I’ve ever had! Just the right amount of rum and it wasn’t too sweet! They had two sushi rolls on the menu. We asked John which roll he recommended and he said the grouper and explained to us how it came. We decided to try it!! We normally have sushi on soy paper or sashimi. The restaurant only offered it on seaweed which we were fine with it. After John explained to us how it came I wanted to try it! It was delicious. The crab cake was very tasty as well! It was larger than your normal crab cake. The restaurant is very clean. Including the bathrooms! John told us a little bit about the restaurants history. He is a nice friendly man. We were debating on ordering dinner but we saw the reviews for Eaton and decided to have dinner there! Leaving this restaurant was a HUGE mistake! We had the WORST service at Eaton! You can read my review on that place as well! This morning I realized I possibly left my sunglasses there. I waited till after 5pm to call them to see if I had left them there. I spoke with Marcie. She told me they had them and offered to mail them to me.I thought that was very kind of her as well!!! A few days later I got my sunglasses in the mail!!!When I return to Key West we will definitely have dinner here!!!

Reviewed 9 March 2018

I had never been to the original location, but this new restaurant had all the charm of some trendy suburban chain restaurant. The service was a little too casual, almost careless. While my husband liked his scampi, my gnocchi with fish was awful. The cheesecake for dessert was equally bad. And I got sick later...not sure if it was the fish. Regardless, this meal was quite disappointing.

Reviewed 8 March 2018

We originally discovered this restaurant when it first opened (or re-opened) after upgrading the building in January of 2017 and love it! The place caters more to the locals seeking a fine dining experience rather than the tourists, which is a nice change in Key West. The food was very good, the fish extremely fresh and high quality, and the presentation very pleasant. The staff was courteous and attentive without being overwhelming, and we just had a wonderful dinner. Definitely my favorite place in Key West. Even tough good fresh fish costs a fortune, this restaurant had very reasonable prices, especially when you consider what things cost in that part of the world. We will definitely return every time we go to Key West.

1  Thank guillaume3
Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

This was our first dinner here. A friend recommended it to us and we're so glad he did. The good and service were fabulous!