“Go to for happy hour”

Price range: US$15 - US$35
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: A Taste of Old Key West! Traditional Key West Raw Bar & great Key West seafood restaurant! Oysters, clams, shrimp, more! A low key restaurant for casual lunch or dinner. Settle down to an informal atmosphere, local characters, great bar and waterfront dining. It's a little piece of Old Key West on the historic Key West Bight.
Reviewed 6 January 2018

We love half shells! It has the best happy hour anywhere in the Keys. Fresh seafood and great staff. Laura is my favorite bartender!! She’s quick with a drink and funny as all get out.

Date of visit: January 2018
1  Thank happycamper202063
BobbyK528, General Manager at Half Shell Raw Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2018

We have been offering our Happy Hour with great deals on Seafood since 1972 thanks for the review and the shout out to Laura she is special......

Write a ReviewReviews (2,339)

Reviewed 31 December 2017 via mobile

I love the place... Alot of the restuarants in Keu West were sold out of Crab Claws, so I called ahead and the staff held some for me. I went by myself amd the staff got me to a table immediately with the claws inbound. I enjoyed it so much that I expanded the order to include Oysters Rockefeller and Buffalo shrimp. It was all soo delicious it's hard to compare but if I had to choose it would be the claws then the Rockefellers.

Date of visit: December 2017

Stone Crabs are sometimes hard to get but we have been dealing with the same crabbers for many years and they always come thru for us. Thanks for dinning with us...

Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

We arrived late, only jumbo stone crabs were available. They offered both steamed and garlic flavored stones crabs, both are very delicious. The place is great for family and with kids! I also bought a Half Shell Raw Bar mug (only six dollars) from the restaurant.

Date of visit: December 2017

Thank you for visiting us...

Reviewed 29 December 2017

We took our adult children here on their first trip to the keys for Happy Hour. They love seafood and we all had our fill on oyster, clams, and calamari. Can not beat the prices for HH. I was as good as always with a great view of the water. We will go back.

Date of visit: December 2017

We appreciate your visit and taking the time to write a review...

Reviewed 28 December 2017

We went to the raw bar to take advantage of the lower prices on fresh oysters. 3 of us ate modestly, 5 dozen total, plus some very good conch chowder and some beer steamed shrimp. All very good.

Date of visit: December 2017

Thanks for the review and enjoying our Happy Hour...