“Delicious Food and Attentive Service”
Review of Bagatelle

Bagatelle
Reserve with OpenTable
Bagatelle is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #72 of 479 Restaurants in Key West
Price range: US$23 - US$34
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, View, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Greene Street
Description: A visit to our house is a unique way to relax and enjoy life's simple pleasures as well as our treasures from the sea. The word Bagatelle comes from the French and means "a trifle or a little nothing", often referring to a light, fun, yet not too serious spring time romance. The French brought their history of fine cuisine and their love of wine to the Caribbean Islands. It is in this tradition that we have combined our French heritage, southern hospitality and the indigenous tastes of the Florida Keys into the meals we prepare today. Our chefs blend the best of our locally caught fresh seafood, fresh produce and delicious tropical fruits for our tropical seafood dishes.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My wife and I go to Key West almost every year during Meeting of the Minds with a group of friends. But we have a deal where we have at least one meal with just the two of us. Some previous restaurants have been Seven Fish, Santiago's Bodega, Latitudes, and El Meson de Pepe.

Despite having been to KW 18 times, I'd never been to Bagatelle except to meet a friend for a drink a dozen years ago.

I'd been missing out.

We got a table on the upper balcony, overlooking Duval Street and Hog's Breath Saloon. I know the band that was at Hog's Breath, so it was kind of cool listening to them live during dinner.

There was rain in the forecast, and about 10 minutes before it started coming down, (what seemed to be) the entire staff came around to put the awnings down for protection. It was very cool that they were clear plastic, so that we could still watch the street.

When in KW, I rarely order anything other than seafood, and I went with the Hogfish. It was served with jasmine rice and a pineapple salsa which really enhanced the flavor of the fish. My wife's swordfish entree was grilled to perfection - seared on the outside, and rare in the middle. Delicious!

The staff was attentive without being overbearing, and we left knowing that this will not be our last time here.

Date of visit: November 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1,261)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Had a late night dinner on the porch. Food is always outstanding and had fresh fish. I have been there several times and always enjoy!

Reviewed 4 November 2018 via mobile

Having wandered along Duval Street full of busy bars and restaurants with live music, Bagatelle was spacious and much quieter.

And once we were offered the option of lunch upstairs with air conditioning it was a done deal.

So much so that I made the mistake of not reading the lunch menu properly. As a vegetarian there was very little that I could eat but the lovely waiter I think his name was Eric agreed to get me the lobster and grilled cheese sandwich without the lobster lol and with a side of fries.

It was really nice and even better they adjusted the price accordingly without me having to ask.

My husband had the southern fried chicken which unfortunately included garlic although it hadn’t said so on the menu. He still ate it though.

Service was friendly and efficient, there are plenty of seating areas downstairs and upstairs, and inside and out.

Would make a plea though that they price their drinks on the menu.

Definitely worth a visit

Reviewed 4 November 2018 via mobile

We only had the morning to explore Key West. So after some wandering around and exploring it was time for Key Lime Pie. Wanting to eat at a local restaurant we stumbled across Bagatelle. We asked if they had Key Like Pie? "Yes, we make it fresh every morning." Was the reply we received. Well, we had to have some.

We sat on the balcony and ordered Key Like Pie. Not only was the view excellent the Pie was delicious. I would highly recommend stopping in for Key Lime Pie. Yum!!

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 3 November 2018 via mobile

After a week of meetings Bagatelle was a great place to relax, and enjoy the best meal on the island! Crab cakes and bbq shrimp were a nice start to the evening. For entree, I decided on Hogfish...which is fabulous! It was a light fish pan seared to perfection with a sweet and tangy drizzle of passion fruit on top. The side of jasmine rice was amazing. Rounding out the evening with drinks and chocolate mousse while watching other tourists enjoy Duval Street made for an enchanting experience in Key West.

Date of visit: October 2018