“Best meal of our trip”

Conch Republic Seafood Company
Ranked #123 of 471 Restaurants in Key West
Price range: US$10 - US$35
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, View, Groups, Local cuisine
Description: Throughout Key West's colorful history the Historic Key West Bight, where the Conch Republic Seafood Company® now resides, has had a tradition of bringing the bounty of the seas ashore. Sponges, giant sea turtles, shrimp and fish are just a few of the types of cargo that would pass through the Bight weekly. The location where the Conch Republic Seafood Company® is now located has it's own interesting history. In the 1890's "sponging" had grown to employ hundreds in Key West, both with the fleet and at jobs ashore. Our present day docks have long ago replaced the large, wide sponge market docks of the era. This dock was just one of many constructed to allow the quality of the sponges to be inspected by wholesale buyers prior to sale at auction. Large "mother ships" would dock after a few weeks of harvesting and unload their cargos. The thousands of sponges bought, sold & traded were shipped all over the United States.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

If you love conch fritters you MUST try the cracked conch here. I have never had better conch in my life and I eat it everywhere I travel. Food was fresh, not greasy, and portions were plentiful. Great vibe, open and airy seating, long happy hour, and we will be back!

Write a ReviewReviews (5,425)

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

But nothing special here. We waited 40 minutes and the hostess was civil but nothing more than that. I sat at the bar to wait and all the Bartenders were kind and on top of things. The food is adequate but not worth the wait. Fries were cold.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

This place serves up some tasty stone crab!. Nice view in the harbor and a very close walk to either the marina district or Duval st.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Best restaurant we ate at! The snapper was to die for! Awesome scenery and a fun place for the kids to eat! We will be back!

Reviewed 4 April 2018

Unable to 'find' the restaurant which I intended to enjoy this night, we settled here and so glad. We were given a pager for a window table and delightfully seated right away - shows me efficiency of bus staff. The server was right on it too. We had the smoked fish dip - so yummy and I think my vegetable pasta was perhaps the best thing I had on our 10 day - 3 meal out a day trip. The atmosphere here is very jovial without being loud and annoying. But hey, it is Key West. If I make it back, I will make it here as well.