“Stumbled across a Great Hostess with the Mostest”

Conch Republic Seafood
Ranked #120 of 455 Restaurants in Key West
Price range: US$10 - US$35
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, View
Description: Waterfront seafood and steak restaurant overlooking the historic seaport.
Reviewed 5 June 2016 via mobile

First we were greeted by this cute blonde who talked my daughters and our whole family into dining with Conch Republic not once but twice during our stay all because of the USF shirt my daughter was wearing! We were a large party and even tho it was crowded she was able to get everyone in our party seated with a great view, clean tables and menus, and enough elbow room for all of us. She checked to see if we needed anything and handed us off to a great server! Tyler was fabulous suggested all kinds of greatness to which we basically tried most of them! The second time we went was for dinner where this time it was a spunky little girl with super long hair who was too funny! Same great service the next night also I think his name was Jason ... Regardless from the Bacon Bloody Mary to the amazing coconut shrimp, scallops , even the Island Salad with this citrus vinaigrette were truly a tasty treat. From their front line to their cook line you can't go wrong with the Conch Republic!!

Write a ReviewReviews (4,986)

Reviewed 5 June 2016

We were traveling over Memorial Day weekend as a family with two young kids. We choose this place as we wanted to be on the water, and were looking for somewhere not too intimate as our kids are young and tend to be loud. We got a bit more than we bargained for as this place is more bar than restaurant. Between the large bar area, live singer, and people milling around the docks on two sides, it was pretty loud and wild in there.

This restaurant does not take reservations, but we only waited about 15 minutes on Sunday night at 7:00. They had buzzers which allowed us to walk around the docks and feed the fish, using their fish food dispensers (bring quarters or get them at the gift shop).

Once seated though, the service was terrible. The waiter shouted over another table that he'd be with us in a minute. When he finally got to us, he complained that he'd been triple-sat, and apparently we were third in line for his attention, after two couples. I have waited tables and know enough to wait on the family first as they tend to me more impatient than couples. After that, the drinks also took forever. From the time we were sat to the time our drinks arrived was 25 minutes (I checked). The server also seemed put off by our kids, and told them not to play with the sugar caddy, which is minor in my book compared to what they could be getting into (they are one and three years old). Luckily our food came fairly quickly and the man who brought it out complimented us on the kids and told us about his kids, which was nice.

After that we could not get the server's attention again. Eventually I took my kids outside to walk around and my husband stayed behind to pay the bill.

The food was just OK, nothing to get excited about. It reminded me a lot of a chain restaurant like a Chili's or Applebee's (at twice the price).

Also keep in mind that if the small parking lot is full, you will pay for parking (the lot next door is $20). After dark the place is swamped with people, mostly coming off the booze cruises and looking for bars.

If it was just my husband and me, I can see how it would be fun to sit in the bar area and listen to the band with some drinks. For families with small children though, look elsewhere.

charno22, Public Relations Manager at Conch Republic Seafood, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2016

Thank you for your time and review! We wish you would have notified a manager to rectify the situation as they are there for quality control and customer satisfaction. The parking lots adjacent to our building are owned by the city and not us. We do not control the price of parking. If you would like to discuss your experience further please contact our general manager Micky at (305) 294-4403.

Reviewed 5 June 2016

Stopped by for snacks with a bunch of girlfriends. The conch fritters were a bit too mushy for my liking but the cracked conch was amazing. The coconut shrimp was average at best.

Reviewed 5 June 2016 via mobile

From the moment our waiter, Douglas, introduced himself we felt right at home. He suggested some tasty dishes and pointed us in the right direction after dinner. Highest score for this stop on our lovely trip!

Reviewed 5 June 2016 via mobile

Ive been coming for years. The shrimp is super delicious and fresh. Cold beer. Friendly staff. I usually start my day here with their delicious Bloody Mary. The overall menu is respectable and the waterfront location is scenic. Go here!