All reviews the cottages main pool bagels black pool duval street grounds are beautiful private pool continental breakfast hard boiled eggs tropical plants each morning the location is perfect nice breakfast fresh fruit sized bed front porch stayed nights
Reviewed 6 August 2018

It's hard to write this review because I just want to be back at Simonton Court, floating in the heated pool for our lovely little bungalow and looking up at the banyan tree above and orchids all around. The staff there are tremendously helpful, not only making our stay in the complex a delight, but in giving us helpful hints on good places to visit, eat and shop. The grounds are located a few blocks from the busy Duval street and Mallory square where the sunset festivities are always worth sampling. BUT, the units are hidden on a quiet path off Simonton street. We've stayed in several of the bungalows over the years and they're all lovely and well maintained. Great breakfasts begin a day that may be just lying in a hammock near the main pool or adventuring out to see the many exciting attractions of Key West. My wife and I are contemplating a regular winter/springtime stay in Key West, and we'll definitely be staying again at Simonton Court.

Room Tip: All the rooms we've tried have been great.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank L4459ZCgeorges
Reviewed 2 August 2018 via mobile

Pros: the grounds were so charming and well-kept; the room was nice; the AC worked very well and was very quiet; the shower was nice; and the location was super convenient but still quiet.

Cons: the carpet was itchy and seemed to have trapped previous guests’ crumbs, and needed a good deep cleaning; I saw a roach one night; wi-if was slow; patios near the smaller pools were covered in debris.

I would stay here again, but I do hope they would clean the rooms and patios more thoroughly.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

The good: This hotel is a gem. Upon arrival we were a bit put off due to management double booking our cottage but they quickly saved face by offering us a sweet little bungalow, two beds, two baths, cute loft. The grounds are beautifully kept and the staff is on point. So the bad: the hotel has parking but had none reserved for us. We had to park at the end of the block for $25 a day so $50, which I thought was ridiculous but what can you do? Upon checking out & picking up my 2018 Escalade from the parking lot, I had a scratch from one end of my car to the other. This was not ok. I called the hotel to let them know about how I really felt driving 5.5 hrs to a cottage with a pool, that we didn’t get and for parking that had to be paid for only to be told the manager (steve) would call me back but never did. My advice is, if you book here make sure you have parking at the actual Inn, otherwise you’re in for a toss up with what could happen to your vehicle.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank Shelly T
Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

This year was our second year to stay here. The staff is fabulous and always helpful. The grounds are very tropical with a lot of little hidden bungalows and pools. Breakfast is simple and yummy, boiled eggs, bagels, toast, fruit etc. perfect to start the day.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 July 2018 via mobile

This is what you'll find there: 18th century wooden houses, several small pools just by the rooms, great style allover, heartwarming gardening, excellent breakfast, best location, and a lovely, helpful staff. See photos. Downsides: no modern amenities (gym, bar). No brainer! Stayed 2 nights with my 19 yo son who loved it as well.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family