1,545 results
All reviews jungle room havana cabana fleming street every morning fresh fruit two blocks hot tub private porch quiet street parking spot perfect location bagels duval st breakfast is served bed and breakfast pool side nice breakfast
Reviewed 17 January 2017

I actually based my selection of the property on reviews from Bringfido because I was traveling with my boxer dog and then from Tripadvisor. I had never been to Key West even though I live in Florida and wanted to see what it was about and the proximity to Duvall street was unbeatable. It's about a block and a half away so close enough to walk but enough space to be in the quiet area. The property was absolutely lovely. It was as if we were in our own private little one bedroom cottage with our own private porch. It came equipped with a microwave and coffee maker even though they supplied a very nice full breakfast in the morning. They have two properties and each had a pool/hot tub. We didn't have to worry about parking because each property had it's own parking. I was truly surprised at how perfect this was and will absolutely return. Can't say enough good about it.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
AmbrosiaKeyWestMGR, Manager at Ambrosia Key West Tropical Lodging, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2017

Thank you Steph, for the 5-star review! We're so glad you and Ethan enjoyed your stay. Thank you for mentioning our location is unbeatable. It's great that our guests can just park their cars and not have to drive during their stay. We look forward to welcoming you back. Please call us directly next time to book to make sure we have a pet friendly room available as well. Kind Regards, Teresa and the Staff at Ambrosia

Reviewed 15 January 2017

Stayed at Ambrosia for two nights during a short getaway to Key West. The location can't be beat--two blocks from Duval and 10 minutes to Mallory Square. The B&B is so peaceful, lush, and quiet. The pools are heated and cosy. Really loved the free breakfast, too (please consider adding English Breakfast of Earl Grey to your tea offerings)!

The staff is friendly and helpful, and definitely feels like a local, family/community-run type of place. I was a big fan of the adorable cockatiels out front, but that might just be me. We enjoyed the convenience of the bike rentals straight from Ambrosia as well (good value at $13 for the whole day). The park is free, but keep in mind you'll most likely be parking on the street--not a problem as the neighborhood is safe and the spots are usually right by Ambrosia.

I hope to return to Ambrosia someday. My only piece of feedback for the team is to please consider upgrading your beds. They weren't the most comfortable, and the spring were so firm that any time my partner moved, it was felt throughout the whole bed. Fortunately long days of bike riding, water sports, and sun made it easier to fall asleep at night.

Stayed: January 2017
AmbrosiaKeyWestMGR, Manager at Ambrosia Key West Tropical Lodging, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2017

Thank you Emily for taking the time to give us such a nice and thorough review. We appreciate the suggestions and yes, English Breakfast and Earl Gray will be on the next order. We recently got the 6 brand new bikes for rent which is really convenient now for our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back! Thanks again, Teresa and the Staff at Ambrosia

Reviewed 10 January 2017

Ambrosia has everything - great location, wonderful staff, lovely rooms, beautiful gardens, quiet street and delicious breakfast. Their adopted cat Amy is an expert greeter.

The staff accommodates your parking needs, they cleaned our room based on our schedule with our cat, and the entire team was awesome!

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
AmbrosiaKeyWestMGR, Manager at Ambrosia Key West Tropical Lodging, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2017

Thank you for your purrfect review. Amy is thrilled you mentioned her, and actually she adopted us :) and looks forward to welcoming you back someday. Kind Regards, Teresa and the Staff at Ambrosia

Reviewed 8 January 2017 via mobile

This was my first time staying at Ambrosia. Location was wonderful, close to seaport and Duval. Our room was lovely and clean, however we did have large reddish ants in the room. One was crawling on wall behind bed, found several on the floor and some in the bathroom. I mentioned to front desk who said she would tell housekeeping. From what I know of ants, you cant spray to keep them away, you need to figure out where they are coming in from and block entrances. Anyhow, we still saw a few live and dead ones after that. Other than that the grounds were beautiful, pools were heated and clean and we were very impressed with the breakfast offerings, the breads were wonderful as was the fresh squeezed OJ. There was a ton of variety to choose from.I also appreciated the iced tea in the afternoon. Oh , and the room had a Keurig in it, my daughter got a kick out of using in eve to make tea, and I used in am for coffee. Would def consider staying again. Staff was helpful and friendly also.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
AmbrosiaKeyWestMGR, Manager at Ambrosia Key West Tropical Lodging, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2017

Thank you for your review. We're so glad you were impressed and enjoyed your stay. And thank you for letting us know about the ants in your room so that we were able to take care of it. We do have a regular pest control service, but since Key West is a very open air, tropic environment, sometimes a bug or two can sneak inside. Also, thank you for mentioning our friendly staff. It's great to hear that you'd definitely stay here again. Kind Regards, Teresa and the Staff at Ambrosia

Reviewed 8 January 2017

Great hotel located only 5 mins from Duval St (where everything happens). However, most of the attractions are located near Mallory Square(15mins from the hotel) so you may want to find an hotel closer to this location to not have to walk at all (Ex: Hyatt). 4/5

The staff there is welcoming and friendly, offering smiles at any time of the day. 5/5

Not far from the hotel are great restaurants like Firefly, Blue Heaven and Santiago's Bodega (The best of KW) that I recommend for you guys.

Back to Ambrosia, they offer a good breakfast with FRESH & tasty fruits, cereals, waffles, eggs, bacon, etc. The only downside is that the it starts at 8.30 AM which could delay some of you in your schedule. I would have appreciated a breakfast around 7.30 AM. 5/5

The room we had (109) was on the 2nd floor (no elevator), clean but was disappointing. The bed was small and not comfortable at ALL. The TV was also small and kind of far from the bed but are we in Key West to watch TV?. The bathroom was OK with a big walking shower. Our room had A/C and was quiet. Overall the room was not modern and needs to be upgraded to offer a good value for the money. 3/5

Two pools are available at Ambrosia (including a Jacuzzi). Both are small and not deep, available 24/7. We were always the only ones enjoying the pools which was very much appreciated. 4/5

The free parking is not in a protected area but is actually street parking. This hotel has 3 spots available but they have signs ordering you not to park in front of the hotel. They provided us with a spot in the street by moving one of their car. Helpful but don't expect to be able to move your car when you want and find a spot at the hotel. We did not touch our car during our stay so it was not a problem for us. 3/5

Ambrosia also offers bike rentals for $14/day per bicycle. It was cheaper than outside bike rentals but to be picky it could have been complimentary. 4/5

Overall, a great hotel to stay in Key West but rooms need to be upgraded.

Room Tip: Pool-side rooms
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We appreciate the "great hotel" and "great location" comments. The room you stayed in was a standard room with a queen bed. We also have suites and rooms with king beds. If you'd ever like to stay again, you may want to try a room with a king bed, since you mentioned the queen bed was smaller than you'd prefer. Thanks again for your review, Teresa and the Staff at Ambrosia