1,317 results
All reviews stone crab stoned crab restaurant beachfront room shuttle bus every hour jet ski on site restaurant duval street nice pool lounge chairs rooms are small old town beach towels laid back downtown key west private beach tortoises
Reviewed 12 March 2015

Don't be put off by first impressions this place may look shabby chic but it is really nice .Our room was really nicely decorated and spotlessly clean. The staff in reception could not be more helpful with info about what to do and see in Key West and the bar and restaurant are first class , you must try the stone crab.Great pool area and idel for sun worshippers. The shuttle bus to downtown was a real bonus it runs about every 40 mins and can save you a fortune on taxis. We would definitely stay here again .

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
6  Thank gmccartney2016
ChrisHollandKeyWest, Owner at Ibis Bay Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2015

Our purpose is to make your vacation experience a great Key West one. You sharing your stay with us lets me know we succeeded. Ibis Bay was built during the height of Florida's development. Our buildings are made from the coral rocks that were dredged from Key West's harbors. In fact, the dredger was the man who built Ibis Bay in 1956. We bought it from his heirs.

Reviewed 4 March 2015

I lamented over the tripadvisor reviews for close to 8 months worrying that my birthday trip would be a disaster if the negative reviews were correct. Luckily they were not! We had a great time and would definitely go back! Our "value" room was decent, not posh or fancy, but decent. It was clean and yes the bathroom was small, but we have an RV so we are used to a small bathroom. My only complaint was the hot water in the shower vanished once our toilet was flushed (but only briefly), but luckily that was remedied with proper planning! The staff (especially Vanessa and Tricia, the concierge) were very pleasant and friendly; as was the bartender at Stoned Crab and our lunch time waitress. Our room was not ready when we arrived (around noon) and we were told that 'guaranteed check in' was not until 4:00, but Vanessa worked her magic and got us moved to the top of the list and we were in by 1:30. The staff also worked with my traveling buddies to have champagne and strawberries in the room as a nice surprise for me to kick off the birthday weekend. One set of friends reserved a value room, like we did, and the other set reserved a beachfront room with their own patio and hammock overlooking the water. Gorgeous views! The shuttle bus worked perfectly and was super convenient for getting to and from downtown. We took a cab on the nights we were out after 9:00, but even then the fee was only $5 per person. Overall I believe the 4 rating is fair in that it was a very nice place to stay but had it been updated with a few more amenities (like fresh carpet and microwaves in the rooms), it would have definitely gotten the 5.

Room Tip: Beware if you get a room facing the interior parking lot...the garbage truck shows up each day aroun 6:30 to empty the dumpster! Then everyone is up!
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
7  Thank burkeede

A belated Happy Birthday to YOU. I am glad your birthday vacation was as good as you hoped. Ibis Bay is family owned. As we make money we re-invest it all into improvements for our guests. We will get to everything. We have great staff who are all proud of this business and I know it shows. I am grateful to them. Thanks for taking time out to let Tripadvisor followers know how good you feel about your stay.

Reviewed 3 March 2015 via mobile

Rented a room on short notice. Pleasantly surprised at the room. Decorated very Key West. The room was clean. It had a refrigerator, but no microwave. A small private patio had a table and chairs and a hammock between the trees, all on a white sand beach on the bay. A beautiful view. The restaurant on site had good food. A nice pool with hammocks and plentiful chaise lounges. A courtesy shuttle running every hour to Old Town, so we never moved our car once we arrived. Location is not walking distance from the action.

• Stayed: February 2015
1  Thank Betty4697

Thank you for staying with us Betty. I see you travel a lot and are a Tripadvisor Top Contributor. Your words of support carry great credibility. I am proud to read your comments. I will pass them on to our staff at our weekly meeting.

Reviewed 3 March 2015

This was my first time visiting Key West and I travelled with my two teenagers(boy and girl) during our Spring Break, 2014 . W had one of the suites and it was beautiful. The bathroom was huge and had a shower and a separate garden tub. I wish the room had another window, but we sat on the upstairs balcony and enjoyed the weather. Lying in the hammocks was a real treat.

Every morning we took a shuttle to downtown to do sightseeing. The shuttle drivers were very friendly and the shuttle was always on time. I was told that finding parking in Key West is a nightmare, so it was great to not worry about it and be driven around. I was able to get to downtown in the evenings and never had a problem going where I wanted.

My son wanted to explore on his own. Everybody in Key West rides a bike. I checked with several locals and hotel staff and found it was safe to let him go on a bike. Renting a bike at the hotel was super easy. The front desk and house cleaning staff were very accommodating. My son had slept in while my daughter and I went sight seeing. The maid came back late in the day to make up the room, even though she was about to leave for the day.

The hotel is charming and kitschy. If you want a cookie cuter hotel with no more personality than an interstate hotel room in Iowa, this might not be for you. Every room is unique. The bay is NOT for swimming. It doesn't get waves because of the way Key West is situated. None of the beaches there get waves because of the reefs. When the tide goes out there is a smell on the north side of the bay, but we didn't notice it from our suite. They have ski jets and paddle boards which are cool and you can go out and explore on these. The hotel has a nice pool for swimming. Overall a great trip and I keep dreaming of getting back in the hammocks!!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Amy M

Aha! Another hammock addict. We have over 80 hammocks and 500+ palm trees at Ibis Bay. That might seem a little obsessive but my Grandmother had a big hammock in her garden. I loved it.
All our guests love the unique peace they bring. Especially when they are between our palm trees. Come back again, your hammock will be waiting.

Reviewed 28 February 2015

When I checked in at Ibis Bay Beach Resort, there was a snafu with my reservation caused by a third party (hotels.com) with whom the reservation was made. The hotel manager on duty was extremely kind and helpful in sorting out the situation, and I was very grateful for the accommodations he was able to make for me and for my party, particularly on a very busy weekend. For that reason alone (and for others, too), I highly recommend this hotel and would go back. Thank you for your extraordinary customer service.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled with friends
5  Thank MadAnthony

Thank you Anthony. I am glad we were able to solve the problem. I hope we get a chance to share Ibis Bay with you again.