Silver Palms Inn(Key West)(Great Value!)
US$213
US$190
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$219/night.

Sheraton Suites Key West(Key West)(Great Value!)
US$326
US$216
US$449
US$343
  • Restaurant
Ocean Key Resort & Spa(Key West)
US$348
US$347
US$312
US$198
US$181
Havana Cabana at Key West(Key West)(Great Value!)
US$369
US$168
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$212/night.

Key West Marriott Beachside Hotel(Key West)(Great Value!)
US$234
US$500
US$460
  • Pool
Sunset Key Cottages(Key West)
US$946
US$890
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$989/night.

1,286 results
All reviewsstone crabstoned crab restaurantbeachfront roomshuttle busrooms are smallevery hourjet skion site restaurantduval streetnice poollounge chairsold townlaid backbeach towelsdowntown key westtortoiseskeys
Reviewed 4 March 2015

I lamented over the tripadvisor reviews for close to 8 months worrying that my birthday trip would be a disaster if the negative reviews were correct. Luckily they were not! We had a great time and would definitely go back! Our "value" room was decent, not posh or fancy, but decent. It was clean and yes the bathroom was small, but we have an RV so we are used to a small bathroom. My only complaint was the hot water in the shower vanished once our toilet was flushed (but only briefly), but luckily that was remedied with proper planning! The staff (especially Vanessa and Tricia, the concierge) were very pleasant and friendly; as was the bartender at Stoned Crab and our lunch time waitress. Our room was not ready when we arrived (around noon) and we were told that 'guaranteed check in' was not until 4:00, but Vanessa worked her magic and got us moved to the top of the list and we were in by 1:30. The staff also worked with my traveling buddies to have champagne and strawberries in the room as a nice surprise for me to kick off the birthday weekend. One set of friends reserved a value room, like we did, and the other set reserved a beachfront room with their own patio and hammock overlooking the water. Gorgeous views! The shuttle bus worked perfectly and was super convenient for getting to and from downtown. We took a cab on the nights we were out after 9:00, but even then the fee was only $5 per person. Overall I believe the 4 rating is fair in that it was a very nice place to stay but had it been updated with a few more amenities (like fresh carpet and microwaves in the rooms), it would have definitely gotten the 5.

Room Tip: Beware if you get a room facing the interior parking lot...the garbage truck shows up each day aroun 6:30 to empty the dumpster! Then everyone is up!
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
7  Thank burkeede
ChrisHollandKeyWest, Owner at Ibis Bay Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2015

A belated Happy Birthday to YOU. I am glad your birthday vacation was as good as you hoped. Ibis Bay is family owned. As we make money we re-invest it all into improvements for our guests. We will get to everything. We have great staff who are all proud of this business and I know it shows. I am grateful to them. Thanks for taking time out to let Tripadvisor followers know how good you feel about your stay.

Reviewed 3 March 2015 via mobile

Rented a room on short notice. Pleasantly surprised at the room. Decorated very Key West. The room was clean. It had a refrigerator, but no microwave. A small private patio had a table and chairs and a hammock between the trees, all on a white sand beach on the bay. A beautiful view. The restaurant on site had good food. A nice pool with hammocks and plentiful chaise lounges. A courtesy shuttle running every hour to Old Town, so we never moved our car once we arrived. Location is not walking distance from the action.

• Stayed: February 2015
1  Thank Betty4697

Thank you for staying with us Betty. I see you travel a lot and are a Tripadvisor Top Contributor. Your words of support carry great credibility. I am proud to read your comments. I will pass them on to our staff at our weekly meeting.

Reviewed 3 March 2015

This was my first time visiting Key West and I travelled with my two teenagers(boy and girl) during our Spring Break, 2014 . W had one of the suites and it was beautiful. The bathroom was huge and had a shower and a separate garden tub. I wish the room had another window, but we sat on the upstairs balcony and enjoyed the weather. Lying in the hammocks was a real treat.

Every morning we took a shuttle to downtown to do sightseeing. The shuttle drivers were very friendly and the shuttle was always on time. I was told that finding parking in Key West is a nightmare, so it was great to not worry about it and be driven around. I was able to get to downtown in the evenings and never had a problem going where I wanted.

My son wanted to explore on his own. Everybody in Key West rides a bike. I checked with several locals and hotel staff and found it was safe to let him go on a bike. Renting a bike at the hotel was super easy. The front desk and house cleaning staff were very accommodating. My son had slept in while my daughter and I went sight seeing. The maid came back late in the day to make up the room, even though she was about to leave for the day.

The hotel is charming and kitschy. If you want a cookie cuter hotel with no more personality than an interstate hotel room in Iowa, this might not be for you. Every room is unique. The bay is NOT for swimming. It doesn't get waves because of the way Key West is situated. None of the beaches there get waves because of the reefs. When the tide goes out there is a smell on the north side of the bay, but we didn't notice it from our suite. They have ski jets and paddle boards which are cool and you can go out and explore on these. The hotel has a nice pool for swimming. Overall a great trip and I keep dreaming of getting back in the hammocks!!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Amy M

Aha! Another hammock addict. We have over 80 hammocks and 500+ palm trees at Ibis Bay. That might seem a little obsessive but my Grandmother had a big hammock in her garden. I loved it.
All our guests love the unique peace they bring. Especially when they are between our palm trees. Come back again, your hammock will be waiting.

Reviewed 28 February 2015

When I checked in at Ibis Bay Beach Resort, there was a snafu with my reservation caused by a third party (hotels.com) with whom the reservation was made. The hotel manager on duty was extremely kind and helpful in sorting out the situation, and I was very grateful for the accommodations he was able to make for me and for my party, particularly on a very busy weekend. For that reason alone (and for others, too), I highly recommend this hotel and would go back. Thank you for your extraordinary customer service.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled with friends
5  Thank MadAnthony

Thank you Anthony. I am glad we were able to solve the problem. I hope we get a chance to share Ibis Bay with you again.

Reviewed 26 February 2015

I had never been to Key West until this month, so I was really looking forward to my first trip. I booked at Ibis Bay mostly based on the allure of their website. Very nice photos, plenty of amenities and options offered. I booked a "Private Hammock Garden" room for myself and my girlfriend, who had also never been to Key West. The website mentioned that "each room has its own private hammock area"...well, there was really nothing "private" about it at all. The rooms are basically setup like townhouses, right next to one another. There are no partitions offering any privacy at all, with the exception of a small wooden "wall" with an opening that looks right out into...the parking lot (which is also why we couldn't even open our room curtain to enjoy some natural sunlight in our room through the only pane of glass we had...NO PRIVACY AT ALL).
I was under the impression that the hammock garden rooms would be overlooking "Ibis Bay" (which itself was a very lackluster body of water, and hardly swimmable) instead of the parking lot, and to me "private" means, no one can see or bother you if you wanted to lay out and relax. Not really accurate there in my opinion. The "600 feet of beach area" may also be true, but to me "beach" implies "you can go in and swim in the water". There was nothing inviting about the waters of Ibis Bay, unless MAYBE if you were kayaking on them, which I did not. There was a "beach-like area" out behind some of the rooms, but the rock barrier between the sand and the water's edge literally blocked you from walking to the water if you might have even just wanted to put your feet in. There were two floating "piers" with some lounge chairs on them that extended from the shore into the water a bit, and that was nice for laying out and reading a little bit. The only place to get in the water at the resort was their swimming pool.

The bit on the website about macaws and giant tortoises and other "wildlife" being there IS true in the literal sense, but one of the things that excited me about going to Ibis Bay Resort was the prospect that these magnificent creatures would actually be roaming around or relaxing in the trees, and the resort INCORPORATED the indigenous life into their property. No. Every creature was caged up. A bird or two near the lobby, and two big tortoises in a "pen" in the vicinity of the parking lot and soda machine. Nothing exotic there. The only natural wildlife were the herons that strolled around and the huge birds that often flew overhead. Again, a bit deceiving in my opinion.

I would have appreciated the knowledge also that the "resort" was literally right off the main highway. No seclusion, no real peace and quiet or serene location at all. Road noise, ambulance sirens...and while lying on the floating pier trying to relax we had a clear view of the roadway, the cars, the sounds...and a Dunkin Donuts. Not very "resort-y" to me. To me, a resort is well of the beaten path, and far more calming and secluded than what I discovered here. I mean, there was a huge neon marquee sign flashing advertisements for the place at its entrance for all the vehicles on the road to see as they come by...NOT a resort-style element for sure...

The people there were all very nice, especially the guys who drove the shuttle van to town throughout the day. William especially was very nice and friendly with everyone who got onto his van. The lobby staff was also very good and friendly, but to be honest, we didn't spend much time at the location because most of the fun was obviously offsite.
Their on-site restaurant "The Stoned Crab" has gotten very high reviews on Trip Advisor, but the one meal we ate there wasn't anything grand (admittedly, crab was not ordered that time, but still...the food wasn't anything special).
The place itself was clean, bright, and comfortable.
The housekeeping staff seems to take "laid back atmosphere" to the extreme. Our room was never made up before between 4-5pm for the 3 days we were there. Not thrilled about that.

It was a decent place to stay, but certainly for the money it cost for a 4-night stay, I would have enjoyed the actual feeling I was in a "resort" instead of just a hotel by the highway. Overall, I felt a bit misled about what the "resort" had to offer, and on a future trip to Key West, Ibis Bay would NOT be a return location for me. It's important to know what you're paying for and what you'll get from a location. Ibis Bay didn't really fit the bill for us on those scores. Sorry folks...can't give this hotel a great review...

Room Tip: Be sure you confirm you have a water view and REAL privacy if that's what you're looking for or are under the impression you're getting from a description. Call and confirm with someone.
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JonnyTequila

Our garden rooms all have their own private hammock gardens. Each garden is separated by picket fences and planting. Our beach front rooms have the same hammock garden, planting and picket fence. They overlook the bay and face the beach. We are not an ocean-front resort. We are on Ibis Bay. We have a Google Virtual Tour feature on our website (ibisbayresort.com) that allows you to take a virtual tour of everything. Our beach, our rooms, our lobby, our restaurant and more. Its a useful feature so you get to see exactly what you will get. Even though you had a good time, I am sorry to hear that we did not live up to your specific expectations.