All reviews lime tree duval street rose lane villas perfect location wedding weekend half block quiche bed and breakfast bagels rocking chairs garden room every morning private balcony trip to key west the main house hard boiled eggs flat screen tv
Reviewed 15 July 2012

Thank you OTM Staff for a great wedding weekend. OTM was the house we dreamed of having our families stay in. OTM will forever be in our memories of our wedding. We plan on coming back in February and plan to stay in the Lime Tree room.
OTM is the best place to have a wedding weekend. Everyone can stay together, and hang out in the back yard. Thank god you had those huge fans out back. It was pretty humid 2 of those nights. OTM was within walking distance for our guests after our wedding at the Westin Pier.
OTM is a beautiful, old, historic home that has seen many beautiful weekends.
If those walls could talk, I wonder what they would say. lol If you listen closely, you may even hear them speak. ;)

OTM is GREAT. Close to Duval and all the action but far enough away for peace and quiet.

Room Tip: Lime tree Room! Look for the tree in the bathroom.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 July 2012

We stayed in the Lime Tree room, which is spacious and unusual, with a tree trunk in the bathroom. The staff was extremely pleasant and helpful when we arrived. Breakfast was very good and exactly as described on their website. Great garden/patio area out back where we were able to spend time with the other four members of our party. Location is outstanding - Duvall is literally steps away, and they do have (for an extra fee) parking available in a nearby church parking lot. A couple of small things kept me from giving it an excellent rating. There is no one on the property after 7 or 8 PM, so there was some smoking in non-smoking areas. Mildly annoying. The garden/patio area was used for a wedding our second day there and when we came back that night we found it was still set up for the wedding - no tables were anywhere to be found. It was also not quite put back together for the beginning of breakfast the next morning. Again, no biggie but could have been taken care of a little better. On our second and final morning, we had a problem in the room, however our communication with the staff was excellent and it was taken care of to our satisfaction. Would definitely stay there again and recommend to others.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Susan M
Reviewed 27 June 2012

This was a great destination and perfect for a wedding or travel. I was there for my Granddaughters wedding. I loved the house with its rich history. I was priviledged to stay there for a couple of days before guests arrived, so had it to myself and able to explore and enjoy the area. The location is fantastic right off Duval street. The breakfast was great. The flowers and garden area were beautiful, it is a tropical paradise. I have already recommended it to to others. Thank you again for your wonderful hospitality.

Room Tip: Garden Room - small but overlooks the patio area with porch,
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 June 2012

We arrived for a wedding and were so excited to stay here. We walked into the first floor room and we were hit with the worse smells. Moldy and horrible. I could not upack my clothes until we went out and bought candles and febreeze spray. We sprayed the curtains and the closet until it was OK to put our clothes in. Next the toilet did not work. You had to take off the back to flush. Water pressure was horrible and the TV worked when it wanted. As we were there to see Key West we did not stay in the room very long. I do not recommend this place for anyone. Stay away.

Room Tip: Any room but the one on the first floor. We were there with others and they did not have the same problem
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jennsmom10
Management response:Responded 24 June 2012

This guest indeed notified us of the "moldy" smell, which we explained is actually a typical smell for old homes in Key West. We do not have mold. The additional issues described by the guest were not reported. Had they been reported, we would have most definitely attended to them without hesitation.

Unfortunately, this guest made the mistake of having a cigar in the room, which is strictly against policy. We were forced to charge our standard $200 smoking fee, perform additional deep cleaning, and inconvenience other guests

For this, we cannot apologize.

Reviewed 1 June 2012

My fiance and I stayed five wonderful nights at Old Town Manor in May 2012. We had never been to Key West, so choosing a place to stay took some thought, but we picked the perfect place. We chose the Lime Tree room, which was great for the two of us. We loved the private patio. You can't beat the location. You walk right out the door and it is a half block over to Duval. Breakfast was great each morning - bagels, coffee, toast, etc. The staff was very helpful. I emailed them before we got to Key West for recommendations for a jet ski tour, and they responded back very quickly. My only complaint was the water temperature in the shower. It was hard to get it to a comfortable temperature. But hey, what do you except from a house built in the 1800s? We got engaged in Key West, so it will always be a special place to us. I can't wait to plan our trip back, and we will definitely be staying at Old Town Manor!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple