Casa Marina Key West, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
US$499
US$409
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Havana Cabana Key West(Key West)(Great Value!)
US$322
US$270
US$405
US$370
Travelocity
US$371
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Sunset Key Cottages(Key West)
US$1,147
7,617 results
All reviewssun sunbeach stafffrozen towelsadult poolprivate beachthe jet ski tourhistoric hotelself parkingpool serviceduval streetocean viewpalm treeslouie's backyardmain buildingsunset cruisesister propertygreat resort
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 March 2012

We booked our hotel reservations well in advance for our February vacation. 3 days before arriving to the hotel, we received an email informing us that we were given 1 king size bed. Considering we made our reservations for 2 adults and 2 children, this was obviously not going to work for us. After a few exchanges of emails, we were again informed that we will have 2 queen size beds in the room and that our problem was fixed. We also had requested an ocean view which we were told was also included in the room.

Coming from Connecticut and changing 2 plans, we arrived to Miami around dinner. After receiving our rented car and driving out to Key West, our children got hungry. So we made a quick stop to eat. Considering it was late at night, my husband called the hotel from Key Largo (where we stopped to eat) which is about 1.5 hours away by car, to let them know that we were on our way and we would be there in less then 2 hours. The person on the other side confirmed our rooms and said everything was fine.

Finally we arrived with our 2 children and tons of luggage to the Casa Maria at about 11.30 at night, extremly tired and fatigued from a long day of traveling.

What are we told?? ... "We gave your room to another family, sorry we are completely full, we do not have a room for you" !!!??? We were confused at first and angry later on. After a long argument with the person behind the desk, he decided to give us someone else's room who was no show so far. The room they gave us was over looking a parking lot and 2 full size beds rather then queen.

I was extremely disappointed with the treatment we got from a 4 star hotel. If we had not called 2 hours before, if we had not emailed each other 3 days before, maybe I can understand why they may feel the need to give our room to another family. BUT I certainly do not understand why would they choose to do that to us after so many notices and communications with the hotel staff?

I know airlines over book, but I never knew hotels do the same. I felt treated really badly and would advice anyone to watch out for a similar mix ups.

We love traveling as a family and to be honest, we NEVER had this type of problem any where in the US or else where in the world. This is a first for us!

I gave them 3 stars because this hotel has many fun activities for the children, which our twins enjoyed very much. Otherwise they deserve a 2 star!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Nevin1967
Reviewed 4 March 2012

We have stayed at this hotel two years in a row. It has the best beach in Key West. You can see some good sunsets there also. The staff goes out of their way to make your stay as pleasant as possible. Get the package deal that includes a fantastic breakfast buffet. The self serve waffle station is so popular, Muhammed had to step in to keep things under control. He saw that we had been waiting a long time so he made some waffles for us, and then another guest came by and she insisted they were hers! We were almost going to get in a fight - over waffles! Muhammed used his warm smile and settled everything down between us, and made waffles for her too.

Room Tip: Most of the rooms are ocean view. It could be a problem for some people that weddings occur on Saturday nights on the beach in front of the west guest wing. It has never bothered us. Grand ocean vista rooms have much bigger balconies, but they overlook the pools. It just depends on which you prefer.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 March 2012

We loved our stay at the Casa Marina, the staff is very attentive and they offer a level of luxury to everyone. A special thanks to Graham, Mark, Steven and Patrick for making our stay memorable and thanks for the papmering. We will be back.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 March 2012

My husband and I just returned from a fabulous stay at Casa Marina! The resort is beautiful and in a great location...within walking distance to Duval St. We loved our ocean front room. What set this resort head and shoulders above others we've stayed at was the friendly, helpful staff and the outstanding service they provided! Everyone made us feel so welcome and always asked how our stay was going and if there was anything we needed. I wish I could remember everyone's name, but thank you to Jafre and Patrick at the front desk, to Cliff the valet, to Vio our wonderful server at the beach and pool, Ryan our jet ski tour guide and of course all the "beach guys" (Mark, Jason, Patrick, et al) who made us feel like royalty setting up our beach chairs, bringing a daily complimentary beverage, ice water, cucumber slices for your eyes, Popsicles, etc!! They always had a smile and made us feel like it was a pleasure serving us. After my husband and I travel we say we will have to go back some day but haven't . This time is different...we are definitely going back to the Casa Marina next winter!

Room Tip: Second floor, ocean view
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Robin Y
Reviewed 3 March 2012

Casa Marina has a great location, right on the beach. The pools are nice. The staff were very mixed: the staff at the pools and restaurants and the front door staff were very helpful, but the front desk was sometimes terse and sometimes surly. There is no business center, and even the two computers they allow you to use don't have Word (so you can't print) and were painfully slow. I was first given what must have been the worst room in the place--first floor, noisy, great view of cars in the parking lot. They refused to move me the first night, but they did move me to a very nice room on the 3rd floor after that. I later found out that another person attending the same conference had first been given that same room and she asked to move also. Given that I'm a HiltonHonors elite, I expected better. They need more staff also; room service once took over an hour for lunch.

Room Tip: Make sure you get an upper floor and avoid the parking lot view.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank hfarbs
Steve T, Manager at Casa Marina Key West, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2012

Dear hfarbs,

Thank you for your comments. We are very pleased you enjoyed our beautiful setting and friendly service. We have shared your feedback regarding the property with our management team. We will continually strive to improve our facilities to enhance the experience of you and other guests for future stays.