2,719 results
All reviews shor restaurant blue mojito partial gulf view duval street turtle pond glass of champagne key west resort front street rain shower small beach resort fee gulf of mexico jet ski self parking water activities pool area sunset cruise
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I hate these places that quote a price then when you check out give you a bill that is so far from what you expect. Here is the short version of my story. I booked the room for 2 nights, the site said there would be a Resort fee added, what i expected to pay was $ 650.00 or $ 325 a night, when i check out i am handed a bill for $ 142, parking and resort fees!!! what i expected was about $ 26 for a meal charged to my room and 8 or $ 10 for the resort fee. I left fuming mad, i hate being ripped off as a consumer. Tell me on the site where i book what it will cost me not a bunch of hidden costs buried in all the fine print that they know we do not read and if we do read it with all the smoke and mirrors wording cannot understand it since we have not all studied law. Quote me the price to stay there including all the taxes and everything else you want paid for so i can compare it to the guy down the street, he has the same taxes to add on as you do. Quit conning the consumer! Hyatt is now on my black list because they conned me, i learn from my mistakes.As a consumer if i choose to pay$300 or &1000 a night i accept that as what it will cost me and go away happy, rip me off and i go away mad i do not go back. About 10 years ago i stayed at the Savoy in London and paid about $800 US for a night, which i do not normally pay that much for a room but i wanted to try it. When i checked out i paid what was quoted and meals charged to the room, thing is i went away happy at $800 for the night because i paid what i expected to pay. Do not stay at the Hyatt Centric unless you are prepared to pay away more than you plan to. Ripped off consumer is what i am.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank gordonh200
Guest1_Relations, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Centric Key West Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear gordonh200,

I am sorry that you were disappointed. We value your feedback and we do try to provide accurate and transparent pricing. Our website does include information about our parking and the resort fees. A list of amenities from the resort fees are available on our policies page and when guests book their rooms, the summary of charges includes an itemization of costs, which lists the room fee, resort fees, state tax, and county tax. I am truly sorry you felt unprepared when you received your bill. I will share your comments with our managers and review additional ways that we may prevent similar confusion for our guests in the future.

Reviewed 9 November 2018

This hotel was very nice! The location was wonderful- near so many great restaurants and bars but not in the middle of all the craziness. Very quiet and tranquil setting. Excellent staff and wonderful poolside service! Complimentary sherbet abs popsicles! Nice touch!

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Dear Voyager63476186574,

Thank you for taking the time to review our resort on Trip Advisor. We are honored to have been your oasis off Duval in Key West. I will be sure to share your wonderful review with our colleagues and please do let us know if you have any questions or need our assistance with future reservations.

Reviewed 9 November 2018 via mobile

I came here for dinner and I had the most amazing experience! My server Anna was amazing! The food was to die for and the view is one of the best in key west. Jasmine came out to see us and we had an amazing conversation. Can’t wait to come back.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business

Greetings Ashlee W,

Thank you for visiting SHOR. We are delighted that you had such a wonderful and engaging experience at our waterfront restaurant. We look forward to welcoming you back and hope you will have a taste of our two time award winning Key Lime pie (if you didn't already). Thank you again for your kind remarks. We will make sure these are shared with our team.

Reviewed 6 November 2018 via mobile

Went to the Hyatt Centric for our honeymoon. Upon entering they gave us champagne which I though was real nice start. The room we stayed at had a nice view of the pool and ocean. The room was very clean ,large ,and had comfortable beds. The bathroom was large with a nice walk in shower. They have a nice bar and a very good restaurant on the premises. The hotel was a close walk to everything and we never drove the car anywhere. The one problem we did have was an employee parked next to our very expensive car which was reserved for compact cars only which was the whole reason for parking there and park like a jackass so we couldnt even get in the car when brought up to the front desk they took a picture of the employee Id on the windshield but it wasn't moved till the morning. I felt this didnt really effect the overall rating since we didnt have to leave it was more irritating than anything if we stayed there again with that car we would definitely do the valet parking as it has it's own lot with plenty of room. Overall great stay will definitely go back.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Guest1_Relations, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Centric Key West Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2018

Dear Aaron m,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review on Trip Advisor. We value your feedback and are honored to have been your destination for such a memorable lifetime celebration. Our services and location are two of our most popular resort amenities and we are delighted to hear that you were pleased with both. I am sorry about the inconveniences you experienced in the parking lot and we will definitely look into this situation further. I hope that you will consider visiting us again, perhaps for a future anniversary excursion, and please do let us know if you have any questions or need our assistance regarding this last or future stays.

Reviewed 6 November 2018

The pool was dirty, the hotel was under construction and we were never notified. We were put in the building under construction when we complained we were told there were no more rooms. We asked management to stop putting people in that wing until construction was completed and they continued to put people there anyway. The waiters and waitresses did a great job of trying to make the stay pleasant, but Management had an "I don't care attitude"

Date of stay: December 2017

Dear Louis S,

I am very sorry that we disappointed you and that our responses to your concerns came across as uncaring. We do take steps to notify our guests when we know that there may be a disturbance. The work on the event space veranda was not expected to create a disturbance for our guests and we apologize for any inconveniences or dissatisfaction this created. Your review has been shared with our supervisors and we are taking steps to ensure that our managers consistently provide service with care. Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and please do reach out to us directly should you have any other remarks or questions about your stay.