“Girls Week Out!!!”
other travellers have booked this property
Your Pad!!!
kayaks hammock
kayaks
paddle boards
20 plus Bikes
Treadmill, Golds Gym XR 55 Home Gym , Golds Gym Vinyl Weight Set 100 lbs., Indoor Cycling Exercise B
hammocks
formal entrance.JPG
top porch view.JPG
airplane wings gate
Deep Water Dock
private tennis court with waterviews.JPG
Cabana to chill out.JPG
2nd floor stairs.JPG
living room jaccuzi
Living Room Jaccuzzi
Tike Hut with Pool Table
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
“Girls Week Out!!!”
Reviewed 4 May 2014 for a stay in April 2014
people found this review helpful

We, 14 girls from la, stayed at the MTV House for 1 week and enjoyed it very much. The house is located in a quiet neighbourhood 10 minutes from town which is nice in contrast to the busy tourist area. We loved the amenities like tennis court, pool table, ping pong table, kayaks and paddle boards and of course the pool and hot tubs. The TV and the electronic entertainment is fabulous. The house is very spacious and in a good condition. When we had some issues with the dishwasher aric, the house keeper, took care of it immediately. Anyway, he was very helpful whenever we needed a helping hand (figuring out the grill) or information about Key West. The kitchen is well equipped to cook daily meals and there are two barbecues. If you don't want to be in the tourist crowd and want to have some privacy this is the perfect vacation property.

A romantic getaway
Tn.
Reviewed 3 May 2014 for a stay in April 2014

“Great Family Place”
Reviewed 30 April 2014 for a stay in March 2014
people found this review helpful

My family (20 total multiple generations) rented this property out for our children's Spring vacation time. We were very pleased with our stay. The property location is wonderful with easy access to downtown but somewhat secluded and private also.. The compound takes about a city block on the street and is located at the end of a small peninsula area.. The other houses in the area are large and the neighborhood is well cared for. We had six vehicles and were able to park all in the locked and gated area. There are 2 houses, a tennis court, and a large empty lot in the compound. The main house is huge. We found the house(s) clean and set up for large groups with large common areas. We had the owner arrange daily maid service ($70). That was convenient. The kitchen could have been a little bigger, but since we cooked outside on the grills a lot, it did not present a problem. We had a problem with one of the washing machines and the caretaker arranged to have it repaired in a day or so. We liked all of the bikes, paddleboards and kayaks that were free to use. There is something like 16 flat screens TVs, almost one for everyone. The second house is built around an indoor racket ball court. The older family members stayed in the 2 bedrooms in that house and that gave them a break from the mayhem in the main house. The property is a good deal and made our vacation a little more affordable in an expensive but fun town..

Mjkrupa
Honesdale, Pennsylvania
“Horrible Dirty Home With Mold”
Reviewed 20 April 2014 for a stay in April 2014
people found this review helpful

Went on vacation with my wife, 2 little ones and extended family including grandma and grandpa. We noticed early that the owner is use to dealing with rowdy college groups as his welcome letter is anything but welcoming. The owner Andrew is not hands on and we were told by him directly that he lives in a different time zone. The home is dirty! For the money that you pay to stay here it is truly unbelievable. We will post actual pictures of mold in bathrooms, broken doors, soiled sheets and more. There were 2 bedrooms without working cable, the hot tub outside was broken and needed to be filled daily, we arrived and were told the cushions on the couch were being replaced and had to deal with half the couch being plywood, there was black mold in most bathrooms(pictures included), no hot water in one of bathrooms, the pillows on the couch should be burned as they are soiled and dirty, the toy room is filled with dirty broken toys, the large wooden deck has numerous broken areas and the kids and adults regularly tripped, the air conditioners are old and leak in the house causing large amounts of water on tile floors(easy to slip on wet tiles), sliding door to deck is broken, if you leave food on counters it will be covered with small ants (leave a piece of food on counter for an hour and its covered), we were told upon arrival that the neighbor uses the tennis courts in the morning which is the best time to play (they played almost everyday), this ALL for $15k for the week!! The owner does not care. If he did he would fix this place up!! On top of all that we had an email agreement with the owner that we could use the racquet ball court(usually you only get access if you rent that house at an additional cost). We did not need the bedrooms but my brother and wife enjoy playing. Upon arrival the caretaker Aric said he was unaware and would not open the room. We gave him the email from the owner and he agreed to open it but said he would lock it at night. We used it only a few times and on our second to last night the family including little kids were playing some indoor volleyball. Aric came to the door and demanded that we stop playing because it was 910pm. He smelled of cigarettes and alcohol. He than locked the doors and said they would remain closed the next day. This again was to a family enjoying some fun in a house that cost $15,000. Pictures are posted. There are many better options than this and the owner needs to learn how to talk to his guests.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
20 Apr 2014
I was very sad that this particular individual was not happy with his stay at the house. This event is very rare, and for the most part, I hear people calling their friends 10 minutes after they arrive claiming how amazing and awesome the house and property are. The property is very large as is the main house, and sometimes it is possible for one of the cleaners to miss something or that something in the house is broken. There is a full time caretaker that is ready and available 10 hours a days for your convenience. He will be happy to clean and repair, immediately if possible. If it is something that requires a service person to repair, he will expedite that process for you.

Before I elaborate on each of the comments that I feel are erroneous in this review. I would like to provide a brief aside. I received a phone call a few weeks ago from a potential guest of the property. This potential guest told me that he had just found the property on the internet and had 8 couples coming to Key West during one of the premier weeks of the year, like the guest’s in the review was Palm Sunday Week. He further stated that he had received quotes from Hotels in Key West for up to 650 per night per room, or 5000 plus per day for 8 rooms. He also stated he realized that for 1/3 of the 5000 a night, he was getting more privacy, lots more size and other amenities that do not come with a hotel room. He wanted to secure the property immediately but had one quick question: what was the tread count on the sheets? When he stated this I politely told him that I was not certain ( I do buy mostly Tom Hilfiger or better quality sheets ) and that unfortunately his time frame was not available. I realized from the beginning that I would probably not satisfy this individual, even thou he was getting a nice place and a great bargain.

In this particular situation, the Guest was upset about an issue (access to the Racket Ball Court) that is discussed in detail below. I should note that the name of his Review is Horrible Dirty House with Mold. Yet, he only mentions some dirty pillows on a couch, some dirt in the outside playroom, and some mold in bathrooms. The house is 6100 feet under air conditioning and another 1000 feet plus in porches, garage, etc.

First. The owner is used to dealing with rowdy college groups! The House is never rented to anyone under the age of 30. I do not accept any college groups at all and inquire immediately when an inquiry is suspicious about how old each guest will be. I also advise people that if a parent (several times a year) tries to make a reservation for their college child college and their college friends, they will not be permitted access. This comment strongly suggests that the house is trashed by rowdy college kids. The welcome letter is written to be informative about and house and also put on notice guests of the significant fines imposed for violation of the local ordinances. There is an unfortunate saying in Key West (especially more so for middle age adults ) "come down on vacation, go home on probation, come back on violation ". I know this because I used to work as an attorney in the court system in Key West, and saw many well educated adults do the stupidest things on vacation. Concerning this welcome letter, I have never heard a comment like yours and I mostly receive positive responses back from guests thanking me for the very specific welcome letter and some even appreciate the humor!

Second, The owner Andrew is not hands on. I reside in Key West but have vacations rentals in 3 states so. I rotate each property every week, so every third week or so I am in Key West. I have my phone on 24 hours a day (in bed also) and take calls whenever received. I contact the cartaker multiple times a day and help with any issue. I have cleaned that house personally hundreds of times and performed every function that any employee does the property for me in my absents. If you send me a questions, it is mostly answered with one hour.

Third, the House is Dirty. The house is professionally cleaned by a local and well respected company. I pay in excess of 800 per week just to clean, excluding a significant sum for the caretaker. It is possible that something in the house (it is extremely large 6100 sq feet under air excluding porches and garage, another 1000 sq feet) might have been missed, in which case, the welcome letter clearly asks you to contact the caretaker, Aric and that he will remedy the situation immediately. Again the reviewer calls his review Horrible Dirty but only mentions only three instances that are specifically discussed below.

Fourth. There were 2 bedrooms without Cable. Actually there are 12 TVs (mostly 50 inch or larger) in the house and the cable company will only permit 11 drops, so the statement is partially true. The Union Jack room states that it does not have cable, but does have access to over 150 channels (Netflix, etc.) through the WIFI on the DVD player. If one of the other TVs did not work or you did not have the TV on the correct input selection, the welcome letter encourages the guest to contact Aric to have the situation fixed.

Fifth The hot tube outside was broken. The outside tube did have a small leak, and was scheduled for inspection by a leak detection service the Saturday this guest left. In any event, it was topped off every morning for this guest’s use during that day and was always available for him. It was not broken but had a leak. Even without a leak, the hot Florida sun requires that it be topped off with water almost every/ or every other day.

Sixth. We arrived and were told the cushions on the couch were being replaced. I paid the balance of this bill, I have the receipt COD, on Tuesday after his arrival. The majority of the couch which is 30 feet long in four sections was completed before his arrival and in place for his arrival. A small section and the part least likely to be used was not available for 2 days (directly in front of the TV sets) and was returned and completed on Tuesday morning. The blank assertion that half of the couch was plywood is not accurate and a far cry from the truth. On the other hand, the couch is completely reupholstered now in beautlful pink!!!

Seventh. There is black mold in most bathrooms. I discussed this with the cleaner who states that she and her team use Clorox through out the house and were not aware of any issues after her company's completion on this arrival day. She will, of course, be extra vigilant to this issue now. She further stated that mold grows quickly in the high humidity tropical climate that we have here in the Florida Keys (also the house is on the water itself with more humidity) and if the guest did not arrange maid service during his stay it is possible for mold to appear in a day or two after cleaning. She does remove any mold she see during the cleaning process and prior to new guest's arrival. In my welcome letter, I asked if you would like a cleaning service during your stay. This particular guest never asked for such a service. The cleaner stated further that simple scrubbing usually removes the bathroom mold in seconds.

Eighth. There is one bathroom without hot water. First I have never had a complaint before or after about this issue. There are 2 large water heaters that each supply half of the house. These units are set at the optimal temperature to provide the most hot water and not waste energy. I have instructed the caretaker to review this with the current guests to see if this was a fluke or there is a problem. I suspect if everyone took a shower within minutes of each other and the laundries and dishwasher were being used (especially on hot) such a situation could exist. As previously stated, the caretaker is there to address any issues during your stay.

Ninth. The pillows on the couch should be burned as they are soiled. The pillows are inspected weekly (the whole sunken living room area is pulled apart to properly vacuum) and the pillows are taken every six weeks to a commercial laundry with large washers. With the new couch covers (see above in place) the pillows are cosmetic also.

Tenth The toy room is filled with dirty broken toys. First, not many places even 5 star hotels offer this nor do I even advertise this as an amenity. I have a three year old and I regularly shop for new toys for his room. Many of the toys are my son's after he is finished with them. Children can be very destructive as you know. The cleaner inspects this once a week and does a deep clean monthly.

Eleventh The large wooden deck has numerous broken boards and the kids and adults regularly tripped. Safety is an upmost concern of ours for our guests. This is the first complaint I have received from any guest concerning the large waterfront back deck. This wood deck (1st and second floor) is subject to extreme heat and baked year round in the hot Florida sun. Aric stains the deck twice a year and replaces and puts new screws on a weekly basis as needed.

Twelfth. The air conditioners are old and leak in the house causing large amounts of water on the tile floors. All of the 5 air conditioning zones are less than 5 years old and are under a repair contract with a local a/c service professional. I have had 2 complaints of leaks and reported to the company. Each time they found that guests have left the back porch doors open causing high humidity in the house and thus high condensation from the humid (waterfront) air coming in the doors and reacting with the cold metal air conditioner vents.

Thirteen Sliding Door on the deck is broken. There are 3 sliding doors on the second floor and I have received no recent complaint about one broken but I will have Aric check to see what the problem is. (if any)

Fourteen. If you leave food on the counters it will be covered with small ants (leave a piece a piece of food on the counter for an hour and it is covered). This matter is specially addressed in the welcome letter. This house is surrounded by tropical plants and fruit trees. These miniature ants thrive in this environment. The house is covered with a contract with Orkin Pest, that sprays twice a month, the most recommended by EPA guide lines. I do not want to expose the guests to unnecessary chemicals. The welcome letter specially asks you to cover and seal all open food. This problem becomes more acute with little children that tend to drop cereal around the house as they snack. No open food and the ants disappear faster than they come.

Fifteen We were told that a neighbor uses the tennis courts in the morning which is the best time to play (they played almost everyday) Yes the neighbor (who is only in Key West a total of a month a year and who overlooks and does not complain when guests violate the noise and parking laws) did use the court 3 times at 9 o'clock in the morning for one hour. He is seventy years old and his knees bother him after one hour. Really!

Sixteen.This all for $15k for the week!! The owner does not care. If it did he would fix this place up. I am significantly evolved with this house and have over $100,000 a year in maintenance and repairs receipts, this excluded simple cleaning and my time and labor.. This is an absolute dramatic line intended to provoke a total negative attitude for the house. The 15 items above, non of which had much merit, represents less than 1 percent of all the items, equipment, amenities that worked just fine during this guest’s stay About the 15,000 contention, the local youth hostel charges 120 plus tax per night per single bed (Palm Sunday Week). $120 x 16 x 7 x 1.125 equals 11340, this guest barely paid more. The property is valued at $8,000,000 and is extremely expense to maintain. The property taxes for the compound are about 1000 a week.

Seventeen The Racket Ball House Contention. On top of all that we had an email agreement with the owner that we could use the racquet ball court(usually you only get access if you rent that house at an additional cost). We did not need the bedrooms but my brother and wife enjoy playing. Upon arrival the caretaker aric said he was unaware and would not open the room. We gave him the email from the owner and he agreed to open it but said he would lock it at night. We used it only a few times and on our second to last night the family including little kids were playing some indoor volleyball. Aric came to the door and demanded that we stop playing because it was 910pm. He smelled of cigarettes and alcohol. He than locked the doors and said they would remain closed the next day. This again was to a family enjoying some fun in a house that cost $15,000.

Here is the specific email that he refers to.

andrewlippi@gmail.com Jan 11, 2014

Hi Michael

The Racket Ball House is usually locked if it is not rented. As a courtesy to you, I will ask the caretaker, Aric to open it up if you would like to play Racket Ball, a few times. Aric, the caretaker, has poles and on occasion has lent them out to guests. I will touch base a week before your arrival. Thanks Andrew

The additional privilege that was given to this guest gratuitously, use of the Racket Ball Court for no charge, 4 months after the lease was signed, is very specific and states "a few times" . When the guest met Aric, the caretaker when he arrived on April 12, 2014 Aric said he had told the guest he would open the Racket Ball House when he wanted to play, but the Guest dismissed that suggestion and requested that it be open daily during his stay, Aric called me for guidance and I told him to keep the guest happy. Note our insurance requires that the house be locked when not rented so Aric told the Guest he would lock it at 9:00 PM. during the week and the Guest agreed that was reasonable. One night the Guesrtwas playing late, it was actually 9:30 because Aric called me and wanted to retire for the day, and wanted to know what to do. I told him to let it go for 10 more minutes and then politely ask the Guest to stop so he could lock it , and he (Aric the caretaker) could get some sleep. The Guest did not like this and was extremely rude toward Aric. Later, Aric sent me an email about this situation. Aric told me that he did not think the Guest should keep the privilege after this situation. I sent him an email back to disregard the situation and leave it open during the last day, and to only lock it after the cleaning crew came, if they came that day to prepare the Racket Ball House for the next guests. arriving on Saturday, (this seems very reasonable).
The Guest called and did not like this either. I again agreed to keep the Guest happy once more on this Racket Ball Court privilege and complied with his request.

Lastly I will note here that this Guest never discussed any deficiency in the condition of the house with Aric or myself prior to his review. He stated in a phone conversation on Friday morning , April 18, 2014, that prior to his disagreement with Aric on Thursday night, April 17, 2014 that his family was content and happy with their stay, and further that until that night, Aric was polite and nice.

In conclusion, we attempt to keep our Guests happy and content, we are sorry that this Guest was not, It there is something that your are not pleased about during your stay, please let us know immediately and we will attempt to remedy the situation as soon as possible. Thanks Andrew Lippi
“Perfect Wedding Stay”
Reviewed 12 April 2014 for a stay in March 2014

We live in London and decided to have our wedding in Key West, Florida. My new wife. myself and 18 friends came over for the celebration. My wife found this property online and it was perfect also very reasonable compared to local hotels flats. We rented both houses for a week and when we arrived, major jet lagged, everything was ready and the houses and grounds were clean. The representative. Aric, helped us find supplies and gave us some good tips for eating. We got a flat tire on one of the 20 bikes while riding in old town and aric came and picked the bike and my friend up and returned them back to the property. The main house is very large and we never felt too crammed in. Each bedroom has it own cool theme and the master was the size of our flat back in London!!! My favor room was the large suite in the Racket Ball House. Only complaint was 2 days of rain, but pool and spa area were warm and perfect to hang out in the rain. Would recommend this place for families and large groups, lot of space, privacy and a nice place. Markus, London, UK

Luxury-minded travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing