“The most amazing honeymoon EVER!!!!”
Welcome to the Seashell Cottage, quiet lane, one block to Duval Street, free onsite parking
Enjoy the friendly lane from the front porch swing. Front porch swing and bench, great for coffee or cocktail
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Enjoy the friendly lane from the front porch swing.
Front porch swing and bench, great for coffee or cocktail
Sundance spa on private back deck with lounge chairs, hammock, dining table, BBQ
Hammock, BBQ, outdoor dining
The white armoire houses a 27' TV and DVD player. Lots of storage with chest of drawers, armoire.
Kitchen with sit-down table opens out to the private back deck with BBQ and additional dining table.
Fully equipped kitchen with full size major and small appliances.
Computer desk/chair, large WiFi TV, Blue Ray DVD player. Local artwork adorns the entire cottage.
LazyBoy recliner and comfy sofa.
Bathroom offers tub and shower and is accessible from kitchen and bathroom as well as back deck.
Bathroom opens to back deck with outdoor shower and sink.
Outside shower and sink, both with hot water - a favorite with our guests.
Relax at the Seashell Cottage
That's me, Carolyn, on Whitmarsh Lane aka Lazy Lane, home of Seashell Cottage
Original painting by McMullen.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Lindsey J
Little Rock, Arkansas, United States
“The most amazing honeymoon EVER!!!!”
Reviewed 10 September 2013 for a stay in September 2013
people found this review helpful

First of all, I must say that I never even considered staying in a rental house on a vacation. But I am so glad that I did, because it was absolutely wonderful! My husband and I just got married and decided to honeymoon in Key West, and we are so excited to have found the Seashell Cottage. I almost don't want to write a review because I don't want people to find out just how wonderful it is, we want it all to ourselves lol. But seriously, Carolyn and Wendi did a great job of making sure every last detail was tended to, down to fresh flowers and a congratulatory card on our marriage to welcome us to this paradise. We were blocks away from Duval Street and from a grocery store, so on the nights that we didn't feel like going out, we just grilled on the propane grill that was provided at the cottage. We would relax at night in the hot tub, and were even provided beach towels. The outdoor shower is the greatest thing ever, and came in handy after swimming in the salty ocean. If you are traveling to Key West, you will not be sorry if you decide to stay here, I promise! We are actually planning on returning each year to celebrate our wedding anniversary!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The privacy and exclusivity
Liked least: nothing!
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
10 Sep 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your joy and enthusiasm about your Seashell honeymoon stay.

You were also a delight as guests and Wendi and I will look forward to your return anniversary celebration!

Carolyn Baker
EcogirlSt...
SE WI
“Peaceful paradise!”
Reviewed 29 July 2013 for a stay in July 2013
person found this review helpful

After a day of the hustle and bustle of Duval Street, what a wonderful place to come "home" to. It was home, but so much better. Seashell Cottage has everything you need for a comfortable stay. We enjoyed the hot tub almost nightly. We only used the indoor shower once. Why shower indoors when you can shower outside with palm trees overhead? Carolyn and Wendi forgot nothing. The cottage is very well appointed and the bed was like laying on a cloud. We went to Fausto's and bought groceries, wine and beer, so we could have some downtime and just hang out in our little paradise. We grilled steaks and tilapia one night and another night we grilled some cheeseburgers (in paradise). I forgot to bring a book to read, but no worries! There are many to choose from at the cottage. Kitties stopped over to greet us as we rocked on the porch swing. So many nice touches. I would not think of staying anywhere else on future trips to Key West. This is THE BEST!

Liked best: The decor
Liked least: Nothing
Your age range 50-64
29 Jul 2013
We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay at the Seashell Cottage.

All of the things you mentioned are my personal favorites, especially having coffee on the front porch swing and being entertained by the feline residents of the lane.

Thank you for taking the time to write such a fun review.

Looking forward to your return!

Carolyn and Wendi
A TripAdvisor Member
“We miss it already!”
Reviewed 22 July 2013 for a stay in July 2013

This is our third time staying with Lazy Lane Cottages, but our first time in the Seashell Cottage. All I can say is that the pictures on the website are amazing...but they don't do this place justice! It is beautiful! First of all, I love working with Carolyn. She is sweet, and she answers any questions you might have very quickly. That means a lot when you are spending time researching a place to stay. Upon arriving we were lucky enough to meet Wendi, who takes care of the place. You can tell she loves it there, and puts all of her energy into making sure you are comfortable and happy.

You can't beat the location of "The Lane". It's quiet, filled with friendly locals and it is close to all of our favorite places. The cottage is very clean, and it has anything you need to get through a week or even a month! Love that outdoor shower...now that's something you can't get away with living in the cold Midwest! I wish we had more than a week to fully enjoy everything it had to offer. I can go on and on, but the other reviews say it all. The only problem is that it's so popular, you might find it hard to book the week you want. I think that's a good thing!

Renting from Lazy Lane embodies everything we love about Key West, and it breaks my heart to leave every time. The good part is looking forward to the next trip.

Thanks again for a truly memorable vacation (again)!

Mike & Tara

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway Older travelers
22 Jul 2013
...and we miss you already!

You have definitely discovered the magic of "the lane" and expressed it so passionately. It is such a unique setting in a special part of Key West. We do our best to exemplify that feeling in the Seashell Cottage and Poinciana Place accommodations. We want our guests to enjoy being here as much as we do!

Wendi and I so appreciate that you have taken the time to write this sweet review and we will look forward to your return.

Carolyn
Georgia
Reviewed 1 June 2013 for a stay in May 2013

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway
1 Jun 2013
What a sweet love note regarding the Seashell Cottage and Key West.

Your enthusiasm makes our efforts worthwhile and we always look forward to your return.

Thank you for taking the time to submit this beautifully written and thoughtful review.

Carolyn and Wendi
farmersb0...
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“1 Month's Stay In Paradise”
Reviewed 10 May 2013 for a stay in April 2013

This our 2nd visit to Seashell - this time for one month. we found this excellent value Italian Restaurant - Abbondanza on Simonton St- worth a visit.
If you like rum you should try Speakeasy Inn and Rum Bar on Duval St.We went on a couple of sails Schooner America 2 & Party Cat both good value - but totally different

Liked best: Quiet location but one block from Duval St
Liked least: Having to go home
Friends getaway
10 May 2013
Thanks for sharing the tips and your enjoyment of Key West offerings.

Wendi and I will look forward to your return!

Carolyn
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing