“Peaceful stay in Key Largo”
other travellers have booked this property
Bay view Canal view
Backyard
Backyard
Arial view
Gated entrance
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Deborah90...
St. Augustine, Florida
“Great location and nicely decorated, but no refund of deposit”
Reviewed 20 September 2016 for a stay in July 2016
person found this review helpful

The house was pretty much like I expected, nothing fancy but it had everything we needed for the most part. One of the pros was the location. It was on the end of a canal and had a nice view from a screened in porch. It also had a good sized tv in the living room with cable channels. There were two futons in the living room which provided enough seating although they were not the most comfortable sofas. The kitchen had enough dishes, and the appliances were upgraded. I liked the way it was decorated as well.

There were also a few cons. The main con for me was the bed in the master bedroom. The mattress was very hard and uncomfortable. It could use a mattress pad. Also, the dresser drawers would not even open. It seemed to be made very cheaply. The bathroom was tiny and had no place to hang a towel. I did notice someone had bought a towel bar, but not hung it yet. Another con was the ants. There were tiny sugar ants in the kitchen. I bought some donuts, but I had throw them away because of the ants. There were also huge carpenter ants on the dock that got into our boat. All of these things were inconveniences, but not deal breakers for me. There was one thing that would make me not rent from this person again. Right before we arrived, she told me she was going to be on a cruise and might not be in contact. Someone would have to let us in the gated community to get the keys. We did manage to get in okay. When we left, we could not find the lockbox for the keys. It turned out that our nephew who came to visit for a day thought it was a cool toy and took it. We did not know what to do, so we figured the maids or someone would have an extra set of keys. So we left the keys on the kitchen counter and locked the door. I did not hear from her for over a week. I got a message from Fipkey saying she was keeping $150 of our $500 deposit. I challenged this because I did not think a lockbox was that expensive. After emailing her, she said that she would have to get the locks changed because the maids could not find the keys. I know we had to pay for the lockbox, but we did leave the keys. As of two months, we still have not received any of our deposit. I had to file a claim with my credit card company.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The location and the screened porch.
Liked least: Not getting my deposit refunded.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
24 Sep 2016
Since this review has been posted the damage deposit was settled and refunded. Unfortunately the above renter did not inform me in advance that the lock box was broken on their departure. It was not discovered until the next check-in. I had to make last minute arrangements to let in guests. In addition the key was not where they said it was and in fact was never found, necessitating a key change. Since this review the house has been treated by pest control and minor repairs have been completed throughout the house.
Milton, Delaware
Reviewed 8 January 2015 for a stay in January 2015
people found this review helpful

Travelling group: Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing