“Not on par with other Miami Cuban Restaurants”
Review of Havana Harry's - CLOSED

Havana Harry's
Cuisines: Cuban, Latin, Spanish
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Home made cooking, just like your grandmothers. Havana Harrys represents the best of Cuban Food, using always the best quality available, that is our secret.
Reviewed 16 February 2015

As per the title, Havana Harry's lacks the flavor and atmosphere of other Cuban restaurants offering similar fare in the Miami area. Parking is ample, restaurant seating is comfortable, decor is suburban. Food served lukewarm (large dinner party). Ordered Tostones Rellenos as appetizers, not impressed with the shrimp topping (lacked taste). Grilled salmon filet served on one plate was very dry and the guava tarter sauce was rather bland. Along with the salmon, there is a separate plate of arroz con frijoles negro, tasty but served cold.

KendallHav, Public Relations Manager at Havana Harry's, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2015

We appreciate the time you take to write this comment, and of course we are taking notes of your points of view, so we can improve and be better everyday. I hope you can visit us in the future and that you could change your mind. Thank you for your visit

Reviewed 9 February 2015

Went to dinner on a saturday night. We started with the mariquitas which were cold and hard, not very appetizing. I had the vaca frita with white rice and yucca. The vaca frita was cooked perfectly with onions also cooked to perfection. It was one of the best vaca fritas i have had. My GF had the shrimp creole. The shrimp were very big and tasted great. For dessert we had the coconut flan and it was AWESOME. We had a great waitress called Ilenaiy. She was great suggesting what their specialties are. The service was also very good.

KendallHav, Public Relations Manager at Havana Harry's, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2015

Thank you for posting your comment. And just wanted to let you know that we read all; that is always a big help to try to improve every day. We are glad that you enjoyed your dinner. And we are checking with our kitchen staff what happened with the mariquitas that specific day. Because as a policy, we are very careful with serving always fresh food. Thank you for taking the time for writing us and have a great day.

Reviewed 13 January 2015

When I travel back to Miami, I always try to stop in at Havana Harry's.
They have a great menu with many options.....and we have never been disappointed.
The sandwiches are delicious.....the Mojito Pork is my favorite!
The service is prompt and polite, portions are more than enough and the prices are reasonable for what you get. The food is full of flavor and the menu has a lot of creative options. Definitely worth the trip!

1  Thank Truxton3
KendallHav, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Havana Harry's, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2015

Thank you very much. Its always a pleasure to hear loyal clients like you. And we are flattered that you always choose us over all the options. We hope to see you more often. Thank you for your preference.

Reviewed 1 January 2015

I have been going to this location for a long time. And I really like it. The food is always awesome, I love the parrillada that is very large, but you can certainly share it. I compare this place to other cuban places around, and I like it because the food tastes as homemade and does not have that artificial taste that a lot of other places has. The service is good. I should really recommend it. Specially to go with your family or a large group.

KendallHav, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Havana Harry's, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2015

We appreciate that you like our restaurant and that you felt that way. It is always a motivation a client that is happy and satisfied, and that is something that will always want us to be better. Thank you for your comment.

Reviewed 17 December 2014 via mobile

The menu for this restaurant looks outstanding. However upon arriving, the building is not well lit and it's a bit hard to find the entrance.

I was welcomed and seated straight away although the host almost seemed surprised I was by myself.

There is a weird atmosphere, the restaurant was about half full and the servers, who are all rather serious kind of stand around staring at their tables. Was not particularly comfortable.

I just had water to drink and my server would come fill my glass and then not 15 seconds later another person would come behind and add water to my already full glass!

The cubanitos appetizer was excellent, enough for two. I ordered grilled salmon for my entree and although it looked beautiful and the portion was large, the fish did not taste or look like it was fresh and it didn't taste fresh at all.

I was not impressed by this restaurant. It's menu has the potential to be awesome but with the average quality and weird atmosphere im not sure I will return or recommend to others.

I invite you to return again. I am sorry to hear that you are not pleased with our restaurant, and I would really appreciate if you could explain what is exactly that you don't like, so this would be a constructive critic. About the ambience, that you felt weird, what exactly made you feel that way? there was something at the restaurant that you don't like? The waiters are supposed to be on the salon so they would be aware when a client needed something, but do you felt this as uncomfortable? this is never our purpose but this is an important topic to speak with our team. We appreciate your opinion and we expect that you can help us to improve. Because we will always try to be better for our clients. Have a great new year.