“Best kept secret ”

Hate Mondays Tavern
Ranked #22 of 57 Restaurants in Kendall
Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

A friend of mine told me about this place for smoked Brisket... once you see the smoker In the lot, you know that you have found the treasure!! I have since discovered the smoked salmon that is not to be missed...quality of smoke is consistent throughout any meal on the menu... Staff is truly attentive to make sure your experience is awesome!!!!

1  Thank Shaheed H

Reviewed 8 June 2018 via mobile

This place is a bit hard to find, because it’s hidden in a storage unit. Don’t let that stop you, the food is great and the atmosphere is even better. We had the loaded fries, and our group had a burger, bbq sandwich and steak sandwich for entree’s and everyone loved it.

The only down side here is there is no soda fountains so cans only.

1  Thank Wilson T
Reviewed 28 March 2018

My best friend loves fritas and finally convinced me to meet her at her favorite place which is El Rey's. I was surprised I had never been before considering that it's right next to Bird Bowl. My boyfriend and I ended up ordering a variety of fritas in which we all shared. We tried the Frita Original, the Frita Queso Suizo (swiss frita), the Frita BLT, the Frita Dulce (sweet plantain frita), and the Frita a Caballo (fried egg frita). Each was delicious and their base recipe for their recipes is truly savory! I will say that my favorites were the original and the dulce as just having the best toppings to pair with a frita! El Rey De Las Fritas will always be my go to for fritas.

Reviewed 27 October 2017 via mobile

You have to eat here! This fills the small hole in the wall food joint to the tee! But I will tell you this, the food (Karl the owner) he makes will blow your mind! Karl is the owner and chef and he is the one who works his magic. If your not picky have him make you something off menu. He does only breakfast and lunch. For lunch I can get anything from a awesome burger to slow smoked rib. Note if your coming for lunch come early around 11am because with only 18seats he fills up fast. He also does catering and take out. So if your flying out he will make u some great food!

Been to Hate Mondays Tavern? Share your experiences!