“Delicious food, maybe a tad pricey”
Review of Hurricane Cafe

Hurricane Cafe
Ranked #4 of 34 Restaurants in Juno Beach
Price range: US$4 - US$25
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Cooking up a storm in the kitchen is what inspired the opening of Hurricane Cafe by chef and owner Scott Phillip. Serving the hungry and thirsty patrons of Juno Beach, FL for over 15 years, Hurricane Cafe provides a relaxing atmosphere where the food does all of the talking. Try the award winning Breakfast or Lunch Menu but don't forget about the outstanding dinner menu. Hurricane Cafe uses only the freshest ingredients prepared from scratch daily. With a passion for quality, cooking, and service, Chef Philip and his friendly and knowledgeable staff set the standard for American cuisine offering local beer and wine pairings for every meal. Open seven days a week for breakfast, lunch and dinner, patrons can enjoy their favorite American cuisine with a twist. Love eggs Benedict for breakfast? Try it with the restaurant's savory Crab Cake. Take a break from the beach and pop in for lunch for the Blackened Dolphin Sandwich, Grouper Rachel or one of the many amazing Salads. There's no wonder Hurricane Café received Trip Advisors 'Certificate of Excellence' 2012 to 2016, Zagat Rated "Excellent 2004-2015" and voted "Best Breakfast 2010" and "Best Lunch Spot 2006." Stop by for the restaurant's sunset menu from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. for tasty entrees like Shrimp Scampi, Fish & Chips, or Sautéed Shrimp with Sweet Coconut Sauce. The dinner menu is loaded with big plates to keep you satisfied through the night, including dishes like homemade New England Clam Chowder and Sweet Chili Roasted Salmon or Yankee Pot Roast. Find your Fresh Catch of the day at Hurricane Cafe today. Call (561) 630-2012 visit online to see the full menu and daily specials at
Reviewed 26 January 2018 via mobile

This restaurant was just a short walk from my hotel, and having seen the excellent reviews I decided to stop in for a light dinner. It’s very conveniently located on the main drag, and close to some hotels.

At 6:30 on a week night it was quite busy, with a short wait for parties of 2 or more. However there’s a counter inside for single diners, so I was able to head straight in.

The service was both fast and very friendly, and my hot dish was brought out as soon as I ordered it. I strongly recommend the coconut shrimp app; monstrous shrimp prepared to perfection. However my only complaint with the cost was the duck salad. Although it was yummy for the price it was downright tiny!

The beer selection is limited, but the local IPA was excellent choice.

In all this was a very enjoyable experience. I’d certainly come here again.

1  Thank jmasci
ChefScottPhilip, Owner at Hurricane Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2018

Thanks for the great review jmasci! We appreciate the feedback and have made changes to the Duck Salad Special. Usually we are told that our portions are too big. Thanks for the heads up and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 22 January 2018

Dined here with family. We all had different meals, I had a rice dish and the rice could have been cooked a few minutes more. Bea our server did a great job.

2  Thank Billy R
Reviewed 7 January 2018

After a disappointing breakfast at a highly rated breakfast place "up the street", we thought we'd try Hurricane Cafe. We are so glad we did. It had many choices to choose from and the service was superb! We like choices and flexibility when ordering breakfast and constant attention to our empty coffee mug. This is the place that has exactly that with excellent food. We will definitely be back again.

1  Thank Avalonavalon
ChefScottPhilip, Owner at Hurricane Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2018

Thanks for the great review! Glad you gave us a try, it's hard to beat the quality and service at the Hurricane. So many great choices on the menu. See you again soon!

Reviewed 5 January 2018

We spend a couple weeks in Florida each year and we go to the hurricane cafe at least 3 or 4 times while we're down there. The servers are very nice and the breakfast is very good every time. They also serve bagels which I appreciate. .

We really appreciate the great review and patronage! Hope to see you back again soon.

Reviewed 28 December 2017 via mobile

I dine here with my mother several times a year. We usually arrive around 5 pm. Staff is friendly and place is accessible to older folks. Menu options are plentiful, but, I feel the best choices are seafood options. We always enjoy our meals, there is food to take away. My only regret is we are too full for the homemade desserts!

Thanks for the awesome review PRS! Dinners at the Hurricane are great and sometimes forgotten since everyone thinks of us as a breakfast place. There are so many great dishes on our dinner menu. Thanks for the feedback.

Been to Hurricane Cafe? Share your experiences!