All reviews old florida full kitchen feel like family looking forward to returning next year her husband within walking distance causeway bridge indian river three months cable tv convenient location excellent stay place to stay relaxing stay rooms are clean irene dock
Reviewed 27 July 2015

If you are looking for a little piece of paradise on the Indian River in Jensen Beach, then look no further than the Driftwood Motel. Family owned since 1958 it is Florida charm and hospitality at its finest. Our one bedroom 1/2 duplex was clean and well equipped with comfortable beds and adequate space for all four of us.
The location is just minutes away from the beach at Hutchinson Island and Jensen Beach village with shops and restaurants. There is no better view of the sunrise than from the end of the Driftwood dock.
Highly recommend it and look forward to returning soon.

Date of stay: July 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
driftwoodjb, Owner at Driftwood Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2015

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. We really enjoyed making you feel at home at the Driftwood..we do consider a little piece of Paradise and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 11 July 2015

Since I was born an raised in Florida the Driftwood took me back to my childhood of the '50 and '60's. A great little motel that has spacious room in a beautiful setting. Thank you for keeping part of Florida's history as it was but with remodeled and updated amenities.

Room tip: We stayed in the "honeymoon" suite it was great
Date of stay: July 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
driftwoodjb, Owner at Driftwood Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2015

David,
Thank you for your wonderful review. I was pleased you mentioning the importance of the Old Florida charm that drew my family here so many years ago. They fell in love with Jensen Beach and discovered the Driftwood nestled along the Indian River Lagoon and purchased it in 1958. It's important for me to preserve that old Florida appeal as it reminds us of days gone by when life was just a little slower. We hope all our customers leave feeling the way you did!
Thanks,

Irene
Driftwood

Reviewed 16 June 2015

There is only one place that my family stays when we visit the Jensen Beach/Stuart area and it's at the Driftwood Motel. The cottages are always clean, kept in great condition and well-maintained. The proximity to the water is hard to beat. My kids love the dock and were excited to see all kinds of fish and water creatures in the river. I enjoyed the fishing from the dock and never walked away empty handed. The motel is close to everything you need when visiting the area - the beach, PSL, great restaurants, shopping. It is truly a turn-key experience when you stay at the Driftwood.

Room tip: The rooms closer to the road have a nice river view. Great for drinking the morning coffee with the sun rising above the water.
Date of stay: July 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
driftwoodjb, Owner at Driftwood Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2015

Thank you for your great review. It's always nice having you and your family at the Driftwood. The fishing pier is always a hit with the children that stay. Reading your review brings me back to the days I was a very young child fishing off the pier at the Driftwood with my Granddad and Uncles..My Grandfather and I would wade out in the Indian River Lagoon with his shrimp net to catch his bait. I was always amazed watching the fish, crabs and seahorses moving through the sea grass. Those days are long gone but the memories haven't faded. My family certainly found paradise when they found the Driftwood property nestled along the Indian River Lagoon in 1958. Worth noting the Indian River Lagoon is the most diverse estuary in North America. Now my Grandchildren enjoy fishing off the pier and seining in the river and can understand why I love Jensen Beach so much.

Reviewed 25 May 2015

My wife and I stayed at Driftwood Motel on May 23. The cottage we stayed in was spacious and comfortable, with several sitting areas, an eat-in kitchen, cable TV in several rooms, and well-done finishes in the bathroom and kitchen - definitely not what you typically have in mind when you think of "motels". While those amenities were great, though, the best part of the motel was the view: located directly on the river, they have a long dock that extends out in to the water, which has several benches for those who enjoy fishing or, in our case, a cool, star-filled stroll on the water at night. Beyond that, the motel's grounds were enchanting (particularly the banyan trees and the long-leaf pines that invited exploration), and the long-term residents were down-to-earth, funny, and quite charming (especially the guy with the parrot who tells you that you can't wear ties past 5:00pm). All in all, we highly recommend this to anyone who is looking for an affordable but delightful place to stay near the beautiful waters in Jensen Beach.

Date of stay: May 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 7 May 2015

My wife and I stayed for 5 nights the first week of March. We had an absolutely fantastic time. The cottage was extremely clean & it was extremely nice to have cups, plates, microwave etc. We had a great time enjoying local attractions and the beach was only a 5 minute drive away. Lots of great places to have dinner and a Publix market around the corner if you want to keep it simple and stay in. It was a perfect location for a relaxing vacation & super cute! Looking forward to coming back again next year!

Room tip: The cottages are super nice and very spacious.
Date of stay: March 2015