“Louisiana oysters -- YUM!”
Review of Seachasers Lounge

Seachasers Lounge
Reviewed 18 May 2017

I called to get reservations, but was told that they weren't taking them because they had an event that night. However, when I asked if they were open, they said yes.
We felt fortunate to be able to sit at one of the high top tables by the bar on the 2nd floor. A large group took up all the tables in the dining room. As other reviewers have noted, service was a bit slow, but definitely worth the wait. My husband and I adore raw oysters and these were just delicious! And at 50 cents each, they were a bargain. The other couple with us ordered the smoked wings and we all agreed that they were excellent.
My husband enjoyed his grilled salmon sandwich and cole slaw. I ordered the Crab wedge salad and was pleasantly surprised to find heirloom cherry tomatoes in it. Our friends were similarly pleased with their shrimp burgers.
We had looked forward to a nice dinner in a lovely atmosphere and our experience fit the bill. We highly recommend Seachasers and plan to return on our next visit to Jacksonville Beach.

Reviewed 3 May 2017

The view of the ocean from the upstairs dining area is wonderful. The elevator takes you upstairs or you could climb the stairs like the hostess has to do countless times a day - which makes no sense.

As for the food, it was just okay. They tell you which fish they are offering at market price for that day. My friend ordered the grilled flounder and they accommodated her request to make taco wraps with bibb lettuce, avocado and tomatoes then she smothered it with mustard (Yikes!). We all had the fries with our dishes and I would suggest that you ask for them to not season them (which is just Lawry's Seasoned Salt) because it was overly salty.

Be prepared for a two hour lunch visit because it takes a very long time (35 minutes) for you to receive your meals. I think they are poorly staffed in the kitchen. However, the eye candy wait staff, including Casper, will definitely keep you happy while waiting.

Two handicap spots out front and some parking behind the restaurant that can accommodate more vehicles. The bathrooms upstairs are the one room type with grab bars.

1  Thank Califanna348
Reviewed 3 May 2017 via mobile

Good oysters at $0.50 each but took a extraordinarily long time after ordering to get 6 shucked. The crab tower appetizer was worth it and would get again. Service was very good usually sit at bar when dining by myself but 2nd floor bar faced wall instead of great ocean view. Stools uncomfortable at high tops.

Reviewed 2 May 2017

Went to Seachasers for lunch with a friend and I was pretty disappointed. The view is amazing upstairs, but, the service was very slow, I asked them what was going on. The food took a half an hour. For two fish sandwiches, that is really long. It was nothing to rave about and the sweet potatoes fries were cold. The island cole slaw should probably be taken off the menu. It's just shredded cole slaw with pineapple. Not that cole slaw always needs mayo, but this was so bland. Some restaurants are always trying to have their own style and make everything so fancy or different sometimes, which is not a bad idea, but they should just get back to the basic when it's burgers and fish sandwiches. I'm am not a rushed restaurant customer. I like to sit, talk, have a glass of wine, but this was ridiculous how long we waited. There is a downstairs with music at night. Maybe they have a large crowd there, because there wasn't one at lunch and this could really be a great place. They need to figure it out.

1  Thank delospoppy
Reviewed 1 May 2017 via mobile

Nice restaurant with a beach view. The buffalo cauliflower appetizer is to die for. The restaurant has several different seating areas including finer type dining, two outside seating areas, and a separate bar. Menu with focus on seafood.