“Fourth try.....Maybe later.....Probably Not”
Review of Seachasers Lounge

Seachasers Lounge
Reviewed 1 May 2017

I'm a local, I WANT to love Seachasers. There are so few beachfront restaurants and this has a great view on the back porch. I watched the renovations from the old hotel that was there and I frankly can't figure out why they made the choices for this layout. A full bar facing 1st St (away from the ocean) and a deck with no bar at the back facing the ocean, with the restaurant in between. 1st Visit - Planned on dinner, but after waiting an hour for an appetizer and drink we closed out. (The conch fritters were above average). 2nd Visit - An hour before closing we were told we could be seated, but only for drinks - not for food. Goodbye. 3rd Visit - Tables available, but this time the kitchen was backed up and we were at least told that it would be at least an hour before any food orders would be accepted. Goodbye. 4th Visit - No issue with seating, and not a huge problem with the slow service, but there had been a private party the night before and they were out of many things and several liquors as well. After an undrinkable mojito and local beer ($16) and an unfortunate server who had to go back and forth from patio to front bar to check things (not their fault) we were one and done. It just feels like they haven't got it figured out, and there has been plenty of time. We'll find a better spot and hope the next iteration is better, because without some changes this won't make it.

1  Thank wescoast001

Reviewed 1 May 2017

We visited specifically to check out the "Music Room".. It is difficult to find small venues offering full bands targeted at a mature audience, especially with a dance floor.

Seachasers appears to do a pretty good job of that. An added plus is that the music starts earlier than most (8 - 8:30), making it easier to stay motivated to go out after the days activities.

The room is fairly large and features a long bar with seating for at least a dozen, a similar number of high top tables and one wall of upholstered chairs/couches off to the side of the bandstand.

Food service is offered; I don't know if it is their full menu, but it is ample and consequently provides an alternative to waiting for a table upstairs in the main dining room. My wife ordered the Crab Stack and judged it be as good as any she has had. I wanted a small portion of shrimp an scallops but they were only offered as an "add on" to an entrée so I stuck with Scotch.

Here's my two cents worth:

The ambience is not quite right in this room; it is too bright. The bandstand, and consequently dance floor, are located in the path all the servers must negotiate to and from the kitchen. I would move them to the other side of the room, create a low wall divider running from the kitchen to the service elevator behind which the servers could move unimpeded, and darken the room. No reason this place can't be an upscale venue.

Having visited only once, on Friday night, I can only offer limited observations. The good, as noted above

Reviewed 26 April 2017

Seachasers is in a great location with a great view of the Atlantic. It still has to decide what it wants to be. The service is good, if at times, spotty, and it has a pretty nice bar. The food is average and the menu seems to drift into seafood that is not local. We keep going back because of the location... but the food needs to kick it up a notch.

1  Thank philly099
Reviewed 24 April 2017

There were quite a few different fresh fish items to try, and they were pretty good. Fresh, but not amazing as they were kind of plain. The place was not as comfortable or pretty inside as I expected and instead, it was also kind of plain. Our waitress was friendly and helpful but was hampered a bit by the kitchen when the sauces didn't match what she said they had. Overall, just an average experience.

Reviewed 23 April 2017

Strike one.....arrived for lunch with reservation.....staff....you don't have one...me...I emailed it in to your web site...staff...guess they didn't check email.
Strike two....husband arrived with lunch party of retired gentlemen....almost empty dining room....30percent of menu items not available and service extremely slow.
Strike three....called in four days ahead with request for reservation....see strike one! Special birthday meal so asked for window table for six....arrived and was surprised to find no requested table....lots of empty window tables though.....asked to speak with manager.....not helpful...said the tables were booked at least a week prior....I asked why was I not informed when I asked and he said they were supposed to say,,,,,,we will try to accommodate you????? Not done....this manager certainly not helpful and perhaps needs some staff training. Keep up this kind of service and the only customers coming here will be tourists.....us local beach people have other choices and will make them. Food was nothing special...only redeeming factor was our waiter.