“loved setting by the water”
Review of Sam's Beach Bar

Sam's Beach Bar
Ranked #5 of 108 Restaurants in Hudson
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Where fun dining meets the Gulf of Mexico! Watch a beautiful sunset while feasting on a perfectly prepared dinner at a price that no other restaurant can match and a quality that no other restaurant can come close to! After dinner the night is not over because the night life takes over at Sam's! Move to the sounds of the best and most professional bands in Florida! The cool night turns into a fever hot party and the energy never stops!
Reviewed 26 July 2018

greet little palce on the gulf,, very good sea food, freindly service and atmospere , drinks were well made and all prices were reasonable

Reviewed 25 July 2018

Waiter who was sitting us was rude and when I asked him to be nice he ignored me. When he started to walk away i told my guest that was with us “I guess they are not very friendly here.” He heard me and said in a sarcastic tone, lady I was only kidding. He then went one to say maybe you will want someone else to wait on you then and I said yes, that woulf be fine. Was not impressed with the place so we just had a desert and left.

Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

This is a popular place and our group of 6 had to wait about 45 min. for a table at 3:30 pm on a Sunday afternoon because they didn’t want to seat us at their table that seats 7 even though it was not occupied or reserved. But they finally did. Even the waitress shook her head. But this is a fun high energy venue right on the ocean so we just chatted and read all the funny signs while we waited. Once seated, we immediately received menus and gave drink orders. I posted pictures of the food. Our group enjoyed the seafood wrap (I want that next time), cold peeled shrimp cocktail fresh and sweet, fried fish and chips, the grouper basket (fried), catfish basket, wedge salad, a bacon cheese burger, and calamari basket. No complaints from anyone. Sam’s excels with fried items — the batter is light and product comes out crispy. The sauces are good. Wasn’t expecting a bite in the slaw (jalapeno) but we like spicy. The calamari came with fried jalapeno (good). The burger was moist and full of flavor. Our friends from Hudson who eat out regularly said that Sam’s has the best fries in the area. The portions are large. Complaints: the wine and bottled beer were not cold enough. Waitress comped a beer that was too warm. The chardonnay was abandoned because of both the taste and the temperature. Very limited wine choice to begin with. Next time will stick with draft beer. Sam’s is fun but definitely a laid back beach bar place, don’t expect fine dining. Great t-shirts too.

Reviewed 22 July 2018

We went here for lunch before my son flew back to Seattle. There were six of us. It was nice to be outside and yet covered from the direct sun. It was a Sunday afternoon and pretty busy. We were seated right away and the waitress came to us immediately. The good was delivered very quickly. The wAitress kindly brought us all water before we ordered our food and drinks. Everyone enjoyed what they had and the beauty was very attentive. There was a cool band playing reggae and some people were dancing. The only problem was that people were smoking here and there and since the place is all open it drifted. By hey, this is Florida! My cousin told me he sure to mention it and i think she is right. My son had a nice beer flight that was reasonably priced.

Reviewed 17 July 2018 via mobile

Great place with strong drinks. Had a Bahama Mama for $6.95 and only needed one which is unusual. Our group ordered the buckets & a blackened grouper Ruben. Everyone agreed that this was our best meal of the trip. We sat water front which was nice & enjoyable. The atmosphere & staff were great.

Been to Sam's Beach Bar? Share your experiences!