“Best Seafood and Drinks in Hudson, Fl MY SERVER "COURTNEY" WAS FRIENDLY AND ATTENTIVE.”
Review of Sam's Beach Bar

Sam's Beach Bar
Ranked #5 of 108 Restaurants in Hudson
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Where fun dining meets the Gulf of Mexico! Watch a beautiful sunset while feasting on a perfectly prepared dinner at a price that no other restaurant can match and a quality that no other restaurant can come close to! After dinner the night is not over because the night life takes over at Sam's! Move to the sounds of the best and most professional bands in Florida! The cool night turns into a fever hot party and the energy never stops!
Reviewed 29 May 2017 via mobile

My name is Julian S., 32 years of age, originally from Miami, Fl, lived in Tampa / Brandon area for 10+ years, now recently living back in Broward County Florida. I took a 2-3 day trip to the Port Richey area for some personal business matters. I wanted to visit a beachfront restaurant near my bed and breakfast stay in Port Richey. After reviewing several beachfront dining restauarant options online, Nicole and I stumbled upon what seemed to us as a hidden treasure in Hudson (hidden in the sense that we had never been to the sleepy beach area in Hudson). Given that I am personal chef, Iam a very tough critic. I know quality/well executed food when I see/taste it. The Coconut Shrimp were ideally crispy, and it came with a superb pineapple/mango salsa (I only wish I had asked for an extra cup of the salsa). The sweetnes of the minced pineapples and mangos/cilantro/red onion in the salsa was a perfect compliment to the Jumbo sized Coconut Shrimp. For my entrèe I ordered the Grouper Sandwich. Was well worth the $18 odd dollars. The blackened grouper was very generous, the filét was at least 3/4 of a pound, on a warm buttery brioche bun. The grouper was fresh, tasted like it was caught fresh that same morning. The grouper sandwich was paired with the fixins' (lettuce, tomatoe, tartar sauce, and Hot Sauce for good measure). It came with a sweet/spicy/tangy mango slaw. There were plenty of sides to choose from. I was pleased that they had Fresh Corn on the Cob, this was my choice to avoid eating "fries"...I wanted a veggie. The corn was boiled/steamed to perfection. The corn was sweet and came with melted butter.

In conclusion, take it from a tough critic. This is the SEAFOOD spot to go to if stopping by the Port Richey / Hudson area. Avoid the crowd and go during there Happy Hours to maximize the experience. Right before sunset would be ideal.

P.S. ask for Courtney

3  Thank Julian S

Reviewed 29 May 2017 via mobile

This is a great Tiki Bar! Incredible ocean bay view. The food is good, nice peel & shrimp. Lots of seating. The best feature is this awesome Tiki Bar is very dog friendly. 5 stars!!!

1  Thank Nevada-Dan
Reviewed 23 May 2017

This is a popular spot for tourists and locals alike. Situated right on the Gulf of Mexico, picnic table seating on a raised deck offers a lovely view of the water. Weekends are noisy and busy, with live music and dancing in the (small) adjacent Tiki bar. The menu is typical Florida beach fare - hamburgers, fish baskets etc. Great ice cream bar - get a cone and stroll along the boardwalk or sit under one of several pavilions and enjoy !

Reviewed 19 May 2017

On the beach in Hudson Florida is a really pleasant beach bar, Sam’s Beach Bar. With great water views of the open Gulf it provides a great location for the Florida tradition of watching the sun go down with a drink in your hand to toast the day and the good life. It’s easy to get to from FL Route 19in Hudson. Sam’s has only a very small parking area off the street but there is a large paid parking lot on each side for beach goers. Dress is casual and comfortable. When you go in its immediately obvious this is ‘Party Central’ with a Tiki Hut Bar with live bands and dancing area with Jimmy Buffet tunes playing on the sound system, a bar on the deck to the left and a bar in the building behind the hostess stand with a large part of the deck protected by a roof. When some of the dining area was cleared of table to make way for the beach bar a few years ago I was concerned it cause issues in table wait times but when we were there it did not seem to be a problem. At the tables and bar you can watch boats going in and out along the channel that parallels the shore and restaurant. There were no issues with birds trying to steal food from the table as in other waterfront restaurant locations.

A few years back Sam’s was featured on Emerald’s Florida with Emerald Lagossi and business picked up with the exposure. Locals have known about Sam’s for years. The waitresses, servers and bartenders are very pleasant and friendly making you feel very welcome and comfortable. They pace the delivery of the food well so as not to rush you or drag it out. My wife got the coconut shrimp with sweet chili pineapple sauce and I got my favorite, Lobster Bisque appetizer with broiled Sea scallops and a side of black beans and rice for my main course and my wife had the Cajun shrimp Po boy with Cajun dipping sauce, all excellent and the portions were generous. Pricing is reasonable considering the view. The single biggest negative is the condition of the rest rooms. I tried to not overdue it on the beer as the rest rooms were disgusting and smelly. They spent a lot of money to add the beach bar but not a dime on updating the restrooms. I am surprised the Board of Health lets them slide! Aside from the parking and lousy rest rooms Sam’s is a wonderful, relaxing place for drinks and a meal. I even purchased one of their Sam’s Beach Bar T-Shirts on the way out!

1  Thank callcri
Reviewed 18 May 2017 via mobile

Great waterfront restaurant. I had the steam bucket. It was great and service was excellent. They also have a band on certain days. Popular place be prepared for long wait but well worth it

Been to Sam's Beach Bar? Share your experiences!