“Drive on by. Don't even slow down.”
Review of Three Rivers Motel

Three Rivers Motel
Three Rivers Motel
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Homosassa
Reviewed 9 September 2015

My travel companion and I made reservations for our trip all over FL weeks before our trip. When we arrived at this destination (around 5 pm), no one was in the office. A resident supposedly texted the clerk. In about fifteen minutes, I phoned all three numbers given on the window. Finally, a man came to the door. Yet, he couldn't check us in. He let us into to office and out of the heat. We were better off in the heat. Not clean! Then, the receptionist finally came in, explaining that they were having difficulties with BED BUGS in some of the rooms. She wanted to charge me more than my original reservation for a room without the bugs. I asked, "May I get out of this reservation?" She didn't argue, and said, "Sure, we can let you out of the reservation." That's the nicest thing which I can say about this place, that she seemed so willing to let me out of a reservation. I am waiting for my bank statement, to make certain that I wasn't charged. Wow! I couldn't get out of there fast enough! How does this place stay in business, in this condition?

Room Tip: Any room away from this motel is a better room. The woods behind afford a better room.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
4  Thank AMH20132013

Reviewed 14 July 2015 via mobile

The room was dirty, had a terrible smell that was masked by car air fresheners hanging from air conditioner, and was mauled by bed bugs. I called to tell them about the bed bugs in room 10 and they hung up on me. Take your chances if you want to , but remember you have been warned!

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends
8  Thank Donald R
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 29 June 2015 via mobile

I needed a place to crash. This was the cheapest but onpy by 10$. Huge mistake. It felt like an over sized jail cell. Concrete floor. Nasty rug. No t.v. but don't worry I watched a big bug try to climb up my wall for an hour. I don't know what to say.. It's not the employees fault. They have no resources. Poor ownership. SEEMYPICS

Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 4 June 2015

During our trip in mid May, we only stayed one night. Overall the place was nice. Our problem happened when we returned home. We unpacked all our luggage on the bed. Now the next day, I awoke to bites on my legs , arms and the sides of my stomach. Well can you guess what it was, BED BUGS. This was and I repeat the only place our luggage was removed and unpacked and packed again. This place has them, so Traveler BEWARE........

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends
4  Thank Johnnie O
Reviewed 21 May 2015

Shannon at the check in room was awesome. Love her. The room- the best thing about staying here was the fact I got to rent one of the newly renovated rooms. Room was fairly clean. Bed- ok. Pillows- awful. Towels- really awful, and I did not get new towels on day 2 or even a room tidying. Ice machine did not work, and they had no ice for me. The motel is no smoking. But- everyone smokes there, sitting outside the rooms, so the room has a scent of cigartette smoke anyway. Mold on the floor where something spilled and had no been cleaned. Room could have been cleaner, then I wouldn't have minded it as much. They did have free wifi! Will I stay there again? Doubt it.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends
3  Thank barbus55

Been to Three Rivers Motel? Share your experiences!