While the pool area was one of the best that I have seen the service and housekeeping at the Crowne Hollywood were both extremely lacking. On arrival I told the person at check in that we were 2 hours early and inquired about checking in. She was short and said we are full come back at 3. After asking a few other staff members we found that we could at least leave the bags with the bellman and have lunch by the pool. The service at the pool bar was the best in the hotel. The wait staff were friendly and attentive and Carlos gave us great local food recommendations. We were finally granted check in when I went up to the desk a bit after 2. We were put on the quiet zone floow which we usually love at the Crownes. This floor was not quiet as young babies and children were staying on this floor along with college students. The first glance at the room was nice. The view was not great but all in all it was a good room and smelled clean. As we settled in we realized that the fridge was sticky on the outside and the air vent was filthy. As the days went on it got worse. I accidentally burnt a bag of popcorn that first night and when our room was "cleaned" the next day the popcorn was left on the balcony where I had put it to get rid of the smell. We had to track housekeeping down to have them put it in their garbage so that we did not stink up the whole place. On the second night I saw someone with a robe and remembered that the website had said that robes would be in each room. I went to the front desk and asked for one and they responded with irritation that they would get housekeeping to find one and bring it up. I said never mind as I did not want to inconvenience anyone. On our third day I realized that while the bed was getting made and towels replenished the glasses were being left dirty in the sink without clean replacements, the fridge remained sticky, the vent was never cleaned, and the end tables were covered in dust. I had left $2-$5 tips each day with notes but received awful cleaning service and no thank you note which I have become used to in my travels. I put a finger mark on the night stand in the dust and thought that this would bridge the language barrier but to no avail. I called the front desk and they told me they would send the housekeeping manager, they never showed but the housekeeper who could not speak English arrived and we tried to point out what needed to be cleaned but she barely understood. Ultimately, we got new, clean drinking glasses, and the furniture dusted but the counters still had food on them, the sink had hair in it, and the air vent remained disgusting. Our car was also dented in the parking lot on our last evening and when we asked the staff if anyone reported hitting a car with their door the staff said no and then immediately responded with We're not responsible. We understood that but were just curious if anyone said anything or if their were cameras but we just kept getting "we are not responsible and call the police." This is the 2nd time I stayed at an IC brand in FL and had a bad experience. From now on I will be staying at the historic, well known hotels in S. FL which is a shame as I am a Platinum member and enjoy earning and using my points. I will say that the pool area and pool staff are impeccable and made our stay enjoyable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Reserve a welcoming stay at the Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach Resort, one of the premier Fort Lauderdale hotels. Our ideal location among Hollywood, Florida hotels situates us conveniently between luminous beachfronts and stellar Ft. Lauderdale attractions like Gulfstream Park and Miami Dolphin Stadium. Experience lodging that befits the stunning surroundings. Utilize our state-of-the-art fitness center, taste South Florida hotel cuisine at Elements Bistro or sip a cool cocktail from Lava Tiki Bar & Grille. After a spectacular day of fun in the sun, retire to our richly-appointed guestrooms at one of the leading hotels in Hollywood, FL. Don t miss a gorgeous sunset from your balcony, and take advantage of amenities including complimentary high-speed Internet access, in-room safe, refrigerator, microwave and free premium cable. Upgrade to one of our three elegant suites and enjoy the comfort of a private bedroom and the refreshing feel of modern design. Plan your South Florida travel around a luxurious stay at one of the newest Florida vacation resorts. Discover chic, yet affordable waterfront lodging with one of our Hollywood, Florida vacation packages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Traveltool, S.L.U. so you can book your Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach Hotel Hollywood
- Hollywood Crowne Plaza
- Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach Florida