All reviews holiday inn valet parking private beach ocean front resort fee hot tub pool view poolside bar valet service oceanfront room sands resort boca raton on site restaurant chairs and umbrellas an umbrella the atlantic ocean fort lauderdale
Reviewed 7 November 2018

Room 436- OH MY! We slept with the door to the veranda open EVERY NIGHT! The palm trees and ocean breeze were incredible and helped us to sleep like babies! Our view was amazing! Latitudes, the oceanside restaurant, was incredible. The seafood was so fresh, and delicious. The service was great, too. The pool and beach proximity were also great! This vacation was so awesome! It was an 8 minute Uber ride to downtown Delray. This trip was the best!

Date of stay: November 2018
Reviewed 6 November 2018

This hotel was busy when we stayed, lots going on at reception, at the pool, beach - you name it! Not somewhere for a quiet getaway. We had a room on the first floor off the pool and while it was renovated it still was a bit musty/damp smelling, the A/C didn't work the greatest and overall I'm not sure I'd stay there again. Our room rate included breakfast each morning at the restaurant which was nice and the food was good.

Getting drinks beach/poolside was hard to do since the waitstaff weren't very attentive to the beach goers! And you must valet your car - there is no self parking which was also included in the room rate. This hotel has access to its own beach which was nice and they provide chairs, umbrellas and towels - also great!

Date of stay: August 2018
1  Thank bluegingerina
Reviewed 31 October 2018

This place is amazing. Stayed there this past weekend. The service and rooms great. Bed and pillows very comfortable. Love the big makeup mirror in the bathroom. I never looked so good! The views are breathtaking from the balcony. Hadn't heard of it before and when I started narrowing it down to Highland Beach because of the location near my son's house in Boca. I was pretty much taking my chances. I was shocked to see a gorgeous street with all of the lush landscaping. Several hotels were on this road that was right on the Atlantic. We stayed on the 4th floor in room 44 (444). It was an ocean front room with the most spectacular balcony and views. I posted my pics on Facebook and my friends actually thought it was a backdrop or post card. It was that gorgeous. The elevator was right by our door and steps from the pool and the beach. I hesitated to write this knowing many of you will go but I want this place to succeed. We saw no evidence of red tide and the water was clear and gorgeous for snorkeling. There is a beautiful pool and hot tub as well. The virgin pina coladas at the pool bar were wonderful! I can't wait for our next visit!

Reviewed 24 October 2018 via mobile

A man exposed himself to a young child at the outdoor bar and the hotel and police did nothing about it. The man and wife were fully drunk and had earlier knocked over another minor, which was also ignored. I had incorrectly believed that indecent exposure was a crime and that a hotel would strive to protect their guests. My mistake. Please do not bring children to this facility. They care more about keeping their drunk and lewd bar patrons happy than making their establishment appropriate and safe for families.

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank juliep2723
Reviewed 16 October 2018

Hubby and I have been looking forward to our Florida trip and we booked a room at DelRay Sands Resort, ocean front room $340. Valet parking and that was haphazard. Into the lobby to check in and the desk clerk was less than enthused. On to the room. We booked the ocean from the ocean front room as I stated and we entered the room. They are not large rooms . There was a patio and we went out to look at the ocean and on our patio next to the lawn chairs , was a hypodermic needle, along with wet newspapers and cigarette butts all over. We immediately went in and called front desk and they sent a gentleman over that had an attitude that bordered on rude. We showed him where the needle was and he acted like he could not see it at first. He then went and got a plastic bag to pick it up and shrugged his shoulders and said it could be insulin .
I said can we pick up these wet newspapers too please. He didn’t say anything and I helped him pick up the wet newspapers. He left without another word. What kind of attitude is that ? Who cares what it was used for? It was on our patio and could have been stepped on. Usually diabetics are more aware of where they put their needles. I don’t think it was for insulin. We stayed but am highly highly disappointed in this kind of treatment and attitude when all we did was book and pay for a room that wasn’t worth the money.

• Trip type: Travelled with family