“Great after-a-day-outdoors vibe!”

Ranked #1 of 34 Restaurants in High Springs
Price range: US$10 - US$35
Good for: Romantic, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Welcome to the award winning Great Outdoors Restaurant! We hope you enjoy your dining experience here. Our menu is carefully planned and lovingly prepared. Our Executive Chef is on the premises at all times carefully overseeing every detail of food preparation to personally ensure that everything is prepared fresh in the kitchen. Our steaks are hand cut and our sauces and desserts are homemade. Enjoy our fresh entree salads, homemade soups and a variety of delicious appetizers. We want you to have the perfect guest experience! Our services staff are professionally trained to ensure that every guest has the best dining experience possible.
Reviewed 22 June 2018

I love to go to Great Outdoors after I've been tubing down the Ichetucknee, or after we've been to an art festival, or after a day outside with kids. The outside area is really pretty and feels like a vacation. There are often bands at night. And the food is delicious.

Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

The only word to describe this place is magnificent!! Food, service and ambiance is wonderful! If you think lunch is great, stay for dinner!

Reviewed 19 June 2018

We visited on Sunday mid-afternoon. The food was great. Large portion.
A little on $$ side
The steak was seasoned just right. I was impressed that all food was lightly seasoned.
I usually have problem with food being over salted. Also ordered pasta with shrimp
My first time eat here. My family will be back. Relaxing setting. We sat outside as inside area was full

Reviewed 18 June 2018

I love the location and the chill atmosphere of this restaurant, but our last two trips were super disappointing. On the first, they had a crappy band and families with kids roaming around as we tried to eat. One family allowed their preteen daughter to do gymnastics on the outdoor dance floor. As a full house of guests were eating. No one from the restaurant intervened. The second visit, there was another crappy band, and the food was not so good. It's become like average bar food, when it used to be much elevated. I'm sorry to see it slip. I'm hoping someone will invest in a better menu and quality control -- of both food and also decorum. Sadly, it's off our list for now.

Reviewed 18 June 2018

Very comfortable atmosphere with excellent food. It is in the center of town so not only can you meet your friend for lunch you can enjoy an afternoon of shopping. Then, return to the Great Outdoors for Restaurant for dessert.