“Awesome cake”

The Station Bakery & Cafe
Ranked #2 of 2 Bakeries in High Springs
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 15 February 2016 via mobile

I was visiting High Springs dropping off my dog with a dog academy close by & decided to stop for a quick sandwich on the way out. I walked out with 52.00 in baked goods. The BEST yellow cake with fudge frosting I have ever tasted. The owners are very nice & helpful. They make their own lemonade & the ice cream is delicious. I ordered a pastrami sandwich with homemade potato salad and it was very good. They use Boars Head products which to me is a big plus.
I just noticed there is another bakery in town & looking forward to going there when I go back. We will be moving there at the end of the year so they will see me every few days instead of once a month. This is a great little quaint town. Looking forward to supporting the small businesses.

Reviewed 15 December 2015

Friendly service and food was made for the customer. We ordered a turkey melt each on different bread and they were very tasty. We also sampled the cookies. This is the ideal place for a snack.

1  Thank cochraneOxford
Reviewed 14 October 2015

For a quick and a lush of food, this is the place to stop at. It is very customer friendly and no matter what you order it is perfect. The place is always busy- smells delicious as you walk through the door and the family owned business are super folks to get to know. If you want a special cake or deserts done order it here.. The cakes you can just tell them what you want give them a picture and it comes out better than perfect..and mouth watering with every bite.I never get tired going into this sweet place and taste one of their seasonal deserts or specials.. What to remember something #A forever place" Give this local cafe a try. You will not regret it.

1  Thank cynthia s
Reviewed 27 August 2015 via mobile

The food was okay at this restraunt, however the service left much to be desired.
Overall the sandwiches are standard deli type. Nothing to memorable. What i do remember is that my family and i didn't feel particularly welcome at this establishment. Baked goods were good.

Reviewed 21 August 2015

Every time we go through High Springs (usually coming back from one of the many springs in the area), our family has made it a point to visit The Station--ever since the restaurant was actually *in* the old train station. I have to start with the desserts, which are heavenly. Don't skip the eclairs, stuffed with homemade custard (or a filling closer to whipped cream, but don't cheat yourself . . . ;) *unless* you can get a slice of the éclair cake, which somehow manages to be even better! I've never had a bad cake there--and we've had many of their inventions. Homemade fudge that's the best we've had anywhere. Homemade cookies (the orange nectar cookie is lovely when available). Ice cream for those not inclined to be adventurous (some kids don't know what they're missing.

We often come just for desserts to take home to top off the day (often because we're wet from swimming and it's cold to sit in air conditioning while wet). This is a shame, because the sandwiches, if not as ethereal as the desserts, are still wonders that can transport you back to Life with Father. Thick cut bread, but still thin enough that you can eat the sandwich without silverware. Tasty fillings. Mostly "classics", but perfect for a simple meal and it makes you feel warm and fuzzy, like eating the best home-made sandwich at Grandma's.

1  Thank Susan C