“Best Fried Chicken, like my mom used to make.”

Alice's Parkside Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 33 Restaurants in High Springs
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 15 October 2016

Visited this restaurant on October 15, 2016 after reading reviews. This is my first visit to this restaurant, but it won't be my last. I ordered fried chicken, with collard greens, potato salad, and peach cobbler, with cornbread. I agree with other reviewers in that their fried chicken is absolutely great. The collards, cornbread, and potato salad were also very good, seasoned perfectly. The peach cobbler was lacking, in that it was pasty, and tasted as if it had been prepared days before. I also noticed that the wait staff were not all that friendly, and had a similar experience as others noted, in that no one came back to my table to see if I needed anything, or even to offer to refill my tea, which was also pretty good. I will return because of the great fried chicken, but will see if management gets the wait staff on their toes.

Reviewed 9 October 2016 via mobile

Would give More stars but wait staff just didn't seem to happy to be there. She was still nice but didn't get condiments we asked for and she was busy with other duties. Never asked how our Food was and made us feel like we were bothering her. Food was good for the price and we will go back, we just won't expect much in service.

Reviewed 30 September 2016

This is a nice, kind of home town place, that must have just one cook and not a very good one at estimating how many meals to prepare in one day. Every time I have visited this restaurant, they have run out of something. The fried chicken is excellent, if they still have it. If you are hungry and want to eat here, get here early...very early and it should all be oka.

Reviewed 30 August 2016

Been here twice each year when we go to ginnie springs for our annual camp out. very good food and nice service staff. It's a real Ma and Pa place

Reviewed 18 July 2016 via mobile

Ate there for first time this morning.Very good breakfast.Nettles sausage is good.Both waitresses were friendly and knew their job well. Had a fun conversation with another customer.W e will be back!