“Rubbery overcooked meal”

Cuisines: Latin, Spanish
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 17 October 2018 via mobile

Unimpressed. Will not return. My husband ordered bisteak Pollo. It was extremely rubbery. I ordered an appetizer. Shrimp in a dipping buttery sauce which was very salty. Disappointed. I wanted to love it.

Worse yet...when we told this to the server and the manager seperately, they both had the same reaction. NO REACTION!!! No one tried to remedy the situation. My husband had two bites of the generous portion of chicken. To bad it tasted over cooked and rubbery. We paid for a meal we couldn't stomach.

Reviewed 13 October 2018 via mobile

We ♥️ Cuban food and try it wherever we go so stopped in for lunch today during a day trip to Gulfport. Should have known better when we didn't see ropa vieja, vaca frita or yucca on the menu, but decided to order anyway. Papa rellana for appetizer was probably the highlight of the meal... that and the black beans; not so much for the rest of our meal ☹️ I ordered Piccadillo which they were out of...then ordered Guantanamo Bay shrimp which says on the menu "tender bare back shrimp, seasoned and grilled in a light oil to a CRISP perfection". What I got was tiny shrimp in a dish of garlic butter with toasted bread pieces to sop up the juice. When I pointed this out to our really nice waitress Brit she was surprised because no one had ever complained before about the shrimp in fluid and not crispy at all, so I showed her the menu and she brought it to the attention of the staff and they ended up comping the dish which surprised but pleased me. Unfortunately the other item we ordered was a palomilla steak sandwich NOT on Cuban bread and dry as could be. Not sure how this place can advertise REAL Cuban food, but my advice is to save your $

Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

Our meal here was delicious! I had been wanting to stop here for a while and tonight was the night. We ordered pulled pork appetizer and the guantamo bay shrimp appetizer. (hot #6) Cuban Bread was was omg good. We dipped it in the shrimp sauce- yummmmm. Many of their sauces with meats are made for dipping. We shared the large Spanish salad and that too was very good. Chopped up and easy to eat, love when a salad has olives. Best part of the meal was the award winning flan. Definitely splurge for it, we did and it was amazing! We’ll definitely be back.

Reviewed 22 September 2018

We had the pulled pork sandwiches and a friendly discussion about the history of Habana's. We had previously bought the owner's cookbook at a local book store and plan to bring it in to be signed.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 11 August 2018

OK. This was my first foray into Cuban cuisine. I was worried that I would be disappointed having just come from living in Mexico for the past three years. I had nothing to worry about, since the lechon was superb as an appetizer. It blew me away. I had fried catfish for my main course and my daughter had the same broiled. She declared it magnificent and left nothing on her plate. I truly enjoyed the fried version to the last bite. The portions were quite generous and our server, Kelly, was warm, friendly and attentive to our every need, bringing us extra bread and beverages throughout our visit. We were with friends and laughed heartily over the meal until the restaurant closed. It was a truly enjoyable experience.

Date of visit: August 2018