“A delicious sweet treat...worth a visit”
Review of Donut Connection

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Donut Connection
Ranked #7 of 20 Bakeries in Gainesville
Reviewed 21 July 2017

I don't live in Gainesville however, I do visit the college town often. My husbands parents live there three months out of the year and whenever we visit you better believe that I am going to pay Donut Connection a visit as well!

I can only speak for the Northen and Central part of the state and it is a fair assessment to say that Krispy Kreme is the king of the donut scene. That being said, Donut Connection is hidden treasure trove of donuts in Gainesville.

Tucked away in a shopping plaza on NW 39th it is every bit worth the visit down to the last bite! Although the shop is rather small, they provide a nice selection of yummy delights along with good coffee. Just plan to take your coffee and donuts to go...not much seating and the donut shop doesn't provide any ambiance to make you stay either but don't let that discourage you! The staff is polite and relatively friendly.

Unlike the lack of seating, there's no issues with parking. You might not always find a spot directly in front or to the side of the shop but there is ample parking in the plaza that is in a short walking distance.

In comparison to the popular Krispy Kreme donuts that are flakey melt in your mouth goodness, Donut Connection is fluffy, "cakey", savor every bite goodness.

Date of visit: July 2017

Reviewed 21 June 2017

This is a Sunday staple for our family. The apple fritters are ridiculously good. Call ahead and they will reserve them for you (seriously). And the standard glazed doughnut is better than Krispy Kreme. Yes, it is.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed 13 May 2017

If you are looking for a tasty treat to take home to the family, then this is THE place. Reasonably priced, and the donuts are bigger than other donut places. There is always a good variety of donuts to choose from. Try the Red Velvet--they are delicious!

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed 12 March 2017 via mobile

I remember eating one out of the dozen before getting super wasted. My girlfriend then told me i ate the other 5 later when she went to the store. I have no recollection of this and woke up with a bruised up leg, she said i kept falling. I wonder if she just beat me up and ate the donuts herself. Fml.

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed 6 February 2017

Stopped by on the way to work. Their special was 2 doughnuts and a coffee. Nice selection of freshly made doughnuts. We were in and out very quickly. Friendly staff with lots of locals inside. Good place to go.

Date of visit: January 2017