“Over-the-top good!”
Review of Sonny's BBQ

Sonny's BBQ
Ranked #51 of 625 Restaurants in Gainesville
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Description: Sonny's BBQ of Gainesville. Southern BBQ at its finest. Slow-smoking favorites like pulled pork, ribs, brisket since 1968.
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Visiting family and this is their fave BBQ place in Gainesville. I was no disappointed. Baby back ribs were meaty, cooked perfectly and the sauce was a perfrct balance of spicy sweet. The slaw isn't drowned and very tasty. Salad bar (add-on) was fresh and varied. The sweet tea was a little sweet for me but a great compiment to the meal. My only complaint was the garlic bread not being toasted on both sides, only one. Go to Sonny's with an appetite!

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Nice atmosphere and good food. I had the salad bar but should have skipped the extra $3.99 for the small portion of pulled chicken. There was plenty of variety on the salad bar.

1  Thank Troy R
Reviewed 18 March 2018

Had a last minute opportunity to meet with our family on a Thursday evening for dinner.
We picked this Sonny's as it was convenient for all of us.
Our server, Michelli was friendly and very quick. There were 5 in our party and 4 out of the 5 were very please with their meals. The Pork 3 ways and the Baby Back Ribs.
The BBQ salad was not as good as it should have been. The amount of chicken was a little light and the lettuce was not the freshest. I've had this salad many times at another location and it is normally much better. But, overall, a good dinner.

1  Thank Pascale S
Reviewed 3 February 2018

We had the Pork 3 ways plate. 3 ribs, 3/4 cup of pulled pokk, 3/4 cup of sliced pork. For sides i had the baked beans and sweet potatoe. My wife had baked beans and green beans. The green beans asted as frozen. Otherwise, everything was great. We have been to Sonny's all over the south. It is great every time!

1  Thank russellp117
Reviewed 13 January 2018 via mobile

Servers and food was excellent! Wish I had gotten their names. Great job! Best baby back ribs I’ve ever eaten! We came in late on Sunday night, but servers never acted rude and was always pleasant when we asked for something!

1  Thank lkwr97