“Great pulled pork”

Sonny’s BBQ
Ranked #51 of 617 Restaurants in Gainesville
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Reviewed 26 July 2017

Really nice BBQ resturant . They have a good salad bar. You can get pulled pork, chicken,brisket,sliced beef and they have 4 different bbq sauces. The staff is very nice and attentive. Can't rembember desserts. The restaurant itself is clean and tidy.

1  Thank Nurturinghearts

Reviewed 19 June 2017

Stopped here on a trip north for lunch. We have eaten at many Sonny's over many years and it is an almost always dependable, "as-expected" experience. This one has superior service. I had the pulled pork lunch special with mac and cheese and green beans. Loved it. My husband, for some reason, deviated from his usual order and got something different. I won't tell you what it was because it was fine. I tasted it and it was lean and tender and well-cooked. He just didn't like it. I did'nt much, either, and that is why I didn't order it. Anyway, we didn't say anything. When our sweet, sweet server was clearig our table she noticed he hadn't eaten it. Without us saying a word, she came back with the item comped and said, "please come back and give us another chance." The restaurant world would be better with service like this.

1  Thank Debbie-in-Florida
SonnysBBQ, Public Relations Manager at Sonny’s BBQ, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2017

Thanks for takin' the time to leave your feedback, Debbie-In-Florida. We're glad to hear you enjoyed and look forward to seein' you again real soon!

Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

I have been coming here for years and I was shocked at how bad the service was. I waited almost 15 min to order a to go plate. No the restraunt wasn't that busy. I asked the hostess to place my order and I was referred to the bar. As I stood there watching the waitresses deal with one set of upset customers she did not even speak to me or the It here person who was waiting before me to place an order. Finally I took my chances and asked to be seated to place my order. Well that didn't help. 30 minutes later I am still waiting. Well 4rivers will be getting my future business.

Thank you for bringin’ this to our attention, Casey H. Please email Social@SonnysBBQ.com with the details of your experience, along with your phone number and the location you were at. We appreciate your feedback, and hope you’ll give us another chance!

Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

Last time it was an older building that they leveled and built a new Sonny's!! Great barbque, salad bar, service and nice atmosphere. I would recommend the platter with sliced pork, brisket, chicken and ribs. Save room for cobbler or banana pudding.

Reviewed 1 May 2017 via mobile

MaryKate was our waitress. Now I had almost lost my life and was hospitalized in Shands hospital when I was discharged my husband wanted to come to eat here and so we did. MaryKate was attentive, kind and brightened up the room. Since then she's our go to girl there. Food was excellent! Thank MaryKate. The manager Shawn was amazing as well!