“Gainesville Tradition”

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

There is a reason why this restaurant has stood the test of time, fast friendly service, great pizza, cold beer and mouth watering garlic knots. My husband brought me here for lunch and we were immersed in old rock and roll including Tom Petty playing some of his classics. We are an older couple and found Leonardo's filled with charm, comfortable seating and atmosphere we could enjoy. Our waiter was wonderful! We will be back.

Reviewed 8 September 2018 via mobile

I liked the thick crust and sweet tasted in their tomatoe sauce. Wish they had more interesting toppings though.

Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

This is by the far the best pizza I have had, and throw in the wheat garlic knots covered in melted butter and you have the making of guilty gluttony. Great stuff!!!!

Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

We were in town for one day to visit our college daughter who insisted we try this pizza joint she’s been frequenting numerous times per week. We tried to get her to be adventurous and try something new, but she insisted - now we understand. Ignore the bullet hole in the window and the rundown lot, and you’ll find a 45 year old establishment with a fantastic selection of pizza by the slice, guaranteed to satisfy the most sophisticated pie connoisseur. The craft beer selection was limited, but diverse and priced lower than most establishments domestic mainstream. The service was fast and friendly. I look forward to my next visit to Gainesville so I can visit Leonardo’s again!!!

1  Thank Christy A
Reviewed 18 July 2018 via mobile

Excited they are open late. Staff is always friendly. Amazing pizzas and garlic knots! I loved the Sampler Special pizza with 5 toppings of your choice. Thick slices go a long way but it’s always good the next day too so get a large!