“are they still open?”

Add it.
Lassos Steakhouse
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 17 August 2013

the food was very tasty, but i believe they're closed now. it was earlier this year than i ate there. i do not know what to write for one hundred words. supposedly they did a latin dancing night once a month or so. I heard it was very good, also. I do not like how this advisor thing makes you write one hundred words. This restaurant is closed and the phone number no longer works. It's very frustrating.

Reviewed 29 May 2013

Lassos Steakhouse in conveniently located in downtown Gainesville. It's not far from the parking garage, and there's also parking out front if you can manage to snag a spot before it gets too busy. They have loads of different activities and entertainment throughout the week, and I really like going for their trivia show on Wednesdays.

The restaurant itself is really clean and the decorations are a step up from your usual steakhouse fare. They have a stage for live music (though I'll admit the backdrop is a little retro), and a full service bar. They have really nice booth and table seating, and tables outside as well.

The service has been pretty spot on when I've been there, and everyone seems very friendly. As for the food? Holy cow. I fell in love with the fried corn on the cob the first time I tried it, and I will never look at corn the same way again. The steak (I had the sirloin) was perfectly cooked, tender, and seasoned wonderfully. I've also tried the pork chops, which were pretty good, and I really enjoyed the queso sticks and spinach dip appetizers. They have special desserts, so I can't guarantee that it'll still be there, but the caramel crunch cake was so good, and rich enough to be worth sharing.